Chapter 24 - Should I tell them darling?

"However you must come too Y/n." 

His words ring through your ears and reverbrate through your mind. You had been asked to go on Asgard. The mythical land, birthplace of Thor and Odin. Why would they take interest in you. As far as you knew, the relationship between Loki and his family were more than just fragmented. 

"Hold up. Why?" you question the prince, whose eyes remain locked with your own, eager and as beautiful as the day you first met. 

"The Allfather has been informed of me courting you and requests to see you as soon as possible. As well as my mother." Loki admits

You were at an utter loss for words, logic had seemingly jumped out of the window as soon as he had started speaking. 

"When do we have to leave?" This is the first question that comes to mind. Not from eagerness or excitment but from worry. You liked being able to plan and to think everything out. 

"Tomorrow at dawn." 

This falls heavy like blocks of stone, crushing any hope of thinking this through. Anyways, who could refuse an invitation from the Allfather himself? Certainly not some small Midgardian. Asgard is described as near heaven in every book you had read, and even Loki's eyes misted over when he mentionned his homeland.

"What? How did I not know this?" 

"My brother has just informed me and now I have to play the messenger pigeon." 

"I need to tell the team." You answered, turning back around to call an Avenger meeting "You're coming with me." 

<>------<>-------<>-------<>--------<>--------<>

"My utmost greetings dear fellow team members." You cleared your throat as you greeted the Avengers who had gathered in the conference room. 

"Y/n. It's not because you called the meeting that you have to act like you're the f-ing President." Sam grinned, censuring himself since his seat was next to the one occupied by the super soldier. 

"Sam!  Okay, first off, language. Next, respect the President!" Steve said, making Bucky chuckle in the back of the room.

"Chill Cap'. I'm sure the President would agree." Tony answered, receiving a sigh from Steve.

"I have called this meeting because I am requested to go on an official visit." you continued, standing up straight and grand. Loki smirked at you and your attempt to impose.

"Okay, now she really is acting like the President." Steve muttered under his breath. You shot him a dangerous look and the whole room started to laugh.

"Ha! Who's talking now Mr America?" Sam exclaimed, massively overreacting and rising from his seat. 

"Okay, settle down summer camp!" Tony said, immediately making the room calm down but not the smiles disappear from the faces.

"It appears the nation of Asgard has invited me to meet with its representants." You continued, once the team had been silenced. 

"I'm sorry what?" Tony turned to face you, with a confused look on his face.

"Basically, the Allfather, which Thor has mentionned a lot wants to meet me. Acting like the President was a bit tiring I'll admit." 

"Yeah, since that isn't your role Pixie. Remind me, whose name is on a building?" He responded, his usual arrogance and confidence back.

"Should I ask Pepper what she thinks?" You questionned him. He grumbled as the team tried their best to conceal and stifle their laughter.

"So you've been asked to go to Asgard. When?" asked Nat, a knowing look on her face.