Chapter 17 - Why bacon should be oven baked

EXTERNAL POV:

You collapsed exhausted, on your bed after spending so long outside in the pool. Surprisingly Loki had joined in and played around with the rest of the team. However the tension between the both of you could be felt. You had seen the looks Bucky and Nat had sent your way, earning them regular flip-offs.

The rest of the tower was resting as well since it would be an Avenger party night. The first one you'd ever attend in your two years here. At the beginning you were too young (seventeen) and then the team didn't trust you because of your HYDRA heritage. Same went for Bucky at the beginning. However, since Tony considered you as his daughter, he had been more reluctant to expose you to the mayhem those evenings usually conjured. Secrets were uncovered, gossip spilt and bleach mass ordered. 

They started off innocent like movies then slowly escalated, mostly due to the alcohol brought along. The next day, the Avengers truly were a sight. 

You went to take a shower and wash the chlorine out of your hair carefully. You lathered the foamy shampoo in your roots and scrubbing, easing away the dirt and tightness of your scalp. Then you conditioned the ends, occasionally wincing at the knots you combed away softly. For a few moments, you basked in the scent of your products, a scent that was yours alone. It comforted you and wrapped you like a warm cover on a winter's day. 

Once out of the shower, you picked up your phone and played your favorite song, humming along the lyrics. You danced alone in your bathroom, in front of the mirror, with the towels and no one there to judge you. Moving your shoulders and feet to the rythmn, you just enjoyed the notes and music flowing out of your phone. Then, the song built up to its climax and when it dropped, you burst out singing, thankful for Stark's soundproofing. You were in truly a good mood. You slipped on some black sweatpants and a tank top, checking yourself once then twice then thrice in the mirror before leaving, satisfied.

You walked along to the kitchen to eat a snack before Tony ordered takeout.  The guys were already there, talking guy stuff, doing guy things and you certainly didn't want details on either. All of them were snacking, in teeshirts and sweatpants, hair still slightly wet and clinging to the temples. 

"Nah, nah, nah, I'm telling you! The Lakers are up there man!" Clint started, leaning on the counter, with the rest of the guys assembled in the kitchen. They were all leaning on something or sitting on the revolving stools.

"Shut up, you don't even know what you're talking about!" Steve interrupted 

"So the grandpa's talking now!" Sam crossed his arms

"OOOOH!" all of them shouted out, their cries resounding throughout the entire floor. 

"Ah hell naw, nobody beats me in that game. Or in general." 

"Wanna bet?" Bucky asked, striding over to Sam's face

"Get your money ready James Buchanan Barnes."

"Actually, I could make a good rival." Thor quipped up, glass of juice in his hands.

"You're a super soldier." Thor slightly pouted 

"True that, true that man." Clint clapped Thor's back

"Anyways, as I was saying, the Real Madrid is up there." 

"Nah, nah, nah Arsenal man." 

You heard bits but decided to block off your hearing because you were pretty sure bleach for ears didn't exist in case the discussion got worse. You had brought a book along with you, to read outside. The terasse's tiling felt cold to your feet as you stepped over to one of the hanging chairs on it. You settled in and started reading once more, the wind soothing skin and mind.