Chapter 5 - Memories

The light traverses the gap in the curtains softly, playing with the glass panes and waking you up. You grumble as you sit up with difficulty, knots in your back. Steve is still sleeping soundly, slightly snoring. You slide off the bed and like every morning, walk over to the big bay windows and leave them ajar; the curtains ruffling with the chilly early morning breeze. You pull them wide open as light floods the bedroom and bathes Steve's sleeping shape in morning light.

Taking out your mat, you start stretching your muscles one by one, slowly easing away sleep and fatigue. Through lunging, pushing, twisting, curving, your body starts to awaken. You shake out the rest of sleep still within yourself and go to the kitchen.

"Morning Cap' " you nod at Steve who just entered the kitchen, hair neatly combed and in sports attire. He looked tired and shot you fake dirty looks as you both knew each other were the cause of your fatigue.

"What's up sunshine? Oh and by the way, You. Me. The training room after." he smiled mischievously.

You groaned and looked at the ceiling. You knew this was going to be Steve's go at revenge and that you would be too exhausted for any of his definitely illegal torture army bootcamp exercices. You gulp down your orange juice to go quickly brush your teeth and check up on Asgardian Drama Queen before training.

You arrive at his ebony door and rapped carefully, waiting patiently for an answer but being greeted by none. You knocked again, a little louder this time. Still no answer. You assumed he was asleep and made a mental note to go see him after Steve was done extracting every ounce of energy from your being whilst watching, smiling.

Even though it wasn't that early, the tower was oddly silent and calm. There was no Tony, randomly walking around in a suit or making fun of anything really; no Thor whose soft yet loud voice echoed alongst the walls; No Clint side eyeing everything or scurrying in the vents for god knows why and mostly no Nat, ready to pounce or to smile. Or both.

Bruce was probably in the lab but the silence troubled you greatly.

Just as you pressed an elevator button, you hear a familiar voice that makes your heart flip in your chest.

"Have these pathetic idiots finally left? Thank the Gods, there was too much idiocy in this tower!" he growled, his gruff morning voice deepening his speech.

"Hello to you too Loki. Got out on the wrong side of bed?" you enquired with a smile

"A god never gets out the wrong side of bed. Good day."

And with that, he closed his room's door shut without even a backwards glance. Determined not to let this ruin your mood, you start humming your favorite song as you head towards training.

"Hey, JARVIS?" you shout 

Maybe JARVIS had answers for you to why the tower is so oddly peaceful.

"What can I do for you today Miss Y/n ?" his robotic voice echoed from the ceiling

"Where has everyone gone?"

"I'm sorry I'm unable to answer this."

"What do you mean?" Was something wrong?

"Do not worry about this. The Avengers are on a -classified information override- What else can I do for your service?"

"What? Why is Mr America still here then if it's the Avengers! And I'm a part of the Avengers too!"

"Mr Stark has left Mr Steve Rogers in surveillance of both you and Loki."

"I don't need to be surveilled." I started to grow frustrated. I was an Avenger and I couldn't be left out of events such as these!