Chapter 3- Nightmares

SLAP!

I hunched over in pain, blood trickling from the corner of my mouth, wheezing. Someone yanked my hair and raised my head to face her. 

"You do what you're told you idiot!" seethed the woman in front of me. Miss Albanis. She relished on the torture and pain unfolding in front of her angered eyes. 

The room smelt of nothing, it smelt of emptiness. It was stale, cold and white, nothing to reassure me or to grab onto. The taste of copper and salt lingered in my dry mouth. I gasped for breath both from the exhaustion and the violence I had been subject to for the past hour. No seventeen year old could suffer this, I was sure. But by now, hope was a sliver in the distance, almost impossible.

"Such a pretty girl. Shame you behave so stupidly." her hand was on my jaw whilst the other still tugged at my hair. Then, she dropped me suddenly and my head hung, I had no strengh to keep it upright anymore. She sent another slap and my head swum but blocked the tears that menaced to spill. 

From the small metal cart by my chair, she grabbed the syringe she had menaced me with earlier. She stepped closer and closer to me and in desperation I tried to flail, quick, fall, anything to avoid the pain. But my arms and legs were tied  and I was stuck there, at her mercy. She smiled and squeezed my right arm. 

Miss Albanis stabbed it into my upper arm and the green liquid started to enter my bloodflow. I started writhing in pain as it seared through me and burnt my every inch of being. It was like acid seeping through my body. My voice was hoarse and ragged as I let out a deafening, blood-curdling scream. With every second, I lost my strengh more and more, stopping the useless screams. She gushed the rest of the liquid inside of me and I cried out, screamed as if my life depended on it. Screamed and screamed till ...

"Y/N! Y/N!" 

Something was shaking me fervently and I jumped up. My body was coated in cold sweat. I tried to breathe time and time again but the air didn't seem to want to reach my lungs. I lifted my head in fear but instead of being faced with Miss Albanis, Loki was looking at me with his green eyes, worry clouding them. He grabbed my hand but I immediately shied away from his touch. The dream seemed so real that even my body was still living it. 

That's when I remembered. All the memories that had been sealed away in my mind rushed back. Those murderous, deadly and painful memories. 

HYDRA. 

What a fitting name for the poison they injected in us. 

My stomach clenched and bile rose quickly to my throat. The stains of blood, the syringes, the beatings, the pain eating away at our flesh, the screams and cries of my comrades, Bucky's ice cold eyes. I relived memory after memory, still as vivid as the day I lived them. Rushing to the bathroom, I bent over and soon my head was in the toilet bowl, my stomach emptying everything it contained. Disgust, fear, pain, all of these were pumping through my system now, shaking uncontrollably as I collapsed on the floor. 

Suddenly in a crash, Loki's doors burst open and a rushing Tony came in, with his Iron man gauntlet.

Loki rolled his eyes as soon as he saw Tony.

"What's wrong with Y/n? There were screams and if they went through the soundproof system. I hope for you it wasn't you Loki! Us trusting you with her and the next second-"

"It.... It... It wasn't him Tony-y-y. I remembered it all, it all came back... Hy-hy-Hydra..." I croaked, splayed across the cold, tiled bathroom floor.