Chapter 26 - Steadfast badass

"God this is infuriating!" you stomped on the marble corridors, your green cape flowing after you majestically. 

Loki couldn't help but wonder at the woman who had defied the Allfather for him and most importantly herself. Something even he was incapable of it, despite his usual overconfidence.

"Where are my quarters?"

"Hannah here, will lead you to where you shall stay. Loki and I, reside with the other gods and goddesses. We will see you tonight, I believe." Thor whispered, trying to calm you down. You thanked him quickly and stalked after Hannah, who trembled slightly in front of you. 

After a few minutes, you managed to cool down and walked a bit faster to the young girl. She looked in the end of her teenage years, frail with such a strength that exhuded from her. Her almond coloured eyes blended in with her light brown complexion and dark, wavy hair. She was beautiful but hers was a placid one, you had to be calm and observe to notice the delicacy of her features and the softness of her person. 

"Sorry about earlier, Hannah is it?" 

"Yes. Don't worry, I heard about your argument with the Allfather. I was scared you'd get killed to be honest." she whispered, slowing down a bit her pace to match yours.

"Fair enough. I could've." you shrugged, reconsidering your earlier actions.

"But you didn't."

"It was very reckless but I just couldn't help it." 

You walked in silence once more, side by side; your cape swishing and her gown ruffling very quietly.

"Are you really Loki's kaerasta?" Hannah quipped up, a small grin on her face. You immediately felt heat rishing to your cheeks. Soon, everyone in Asgard would know, chatter and gossip went round so fast.

"Well... yes." 

"Thank goodness." 

"What?" you exclaimed, suddenly intrigued.

"The amount of people dying to end up with one of the princes was craaazy. He's very popular amongst the ladies, even with his cold persona." she laughed it off, probably making fun of all this fighting to marry or even be the lover of one of the princes.

"I can imagine." 

"Anyways, you seem to have a lot of brains and strength, so good for you both." 

"I see you've found your tongue now, Hannah." you teased her. Her previous quiet self had been replaced by an exhuberant, honest, bright one, brimmed with joy and strength of character. Kind of like you, you couldn't help thinking.

"I wasn't sure if you were badass or just rude. But now I know." she shrugged whilst smiling, unbothered. 

"So what am I?" 

"Steadfast badass." she answered confidently.

"That was the only correct answer." 

Both of you erupted into laughter and couldn't stop yourself even when you arrived to your rooms. She opened the doors proudly and your mouth hung, in awe. 

A massive and lavish room had been hidden behind these strong doors. Golden, white and green coloured the room, reflecting the type of people who did stay in those places. Deities. In the far end stood wide white wood windows, intricately carved with patterns and covered with satin curtains who swished lightly in the afternoon breeze. Tapestries depicting several scenes flanqued the tall walls, radiating with warmth and beauty. Plants were placed in doorways, chandeliers hung from ceilings, lacquered wood furniture was precisely layed out, soft carpets covered the maple wood flooring and fancy ceiling moldings covered the upper part of the walls.