Chapter 18 - Movie night

Everyone suggested something different and no one managed to agree. From Harry Potter to some soap opera, from a comedy to horror movie, all the options lay splayed out on the table. 

"Ain't no way I'm watching a musical!" Clint said firmly, crossing his arms. Sam supported his opinion, earning gasps from the rest of the Golden Trio. 

"We could watch a Disney movie?" 

"Can we do it by elimination at least?" tried Tony who was already tired of the team and their antics 

"No documentary." 

"No gory stuff." 

"No stupid lovesick movie." 

"Not a historical drama please!"

"You know what? JARVIS, choose a random movie based on the team's picky taste in movies." Tony announced to his AI, not wanting to deal with this anymore.

"Based on all the information provided, this movie seems best." JARVIS announced as it dimmed the lights in the room and put a movie up on the screen. 

It was actually really good and an excellent balance of everyone's tastes. It had some historical context, a lot of action, a good plot, hilarious parts and a slight love story. 

Suddenly, a man jumps from behind a car with two daggers and causes a jumpscare

"FUCK'S SAKE!" shouted Steve, showering his neighbours with popcorn 

"LANGUAGE CAP!" everyone shouted at the same time, tutting at Steve who rolled his eyes playfully.

You, however, had instinctively reached for Loki's strong arm and clung to it. He chuckled softly in the dark and broke free from your grasp, instead wrapping his arm around your shoulders and pressing you close to him whilst bringing the cover up. Your hands were around his waist and you leaned into his chest, feeling his defined muscles. It rose and fell regularly, matching with his heartbeat who softly came to your ear until it dissipated into nothingness. 

The movie continued on and was fine except for the one or two scenes that required you to look away from fear. 

The credits rolled and  you all agreed the movie was definitely very good. As soon as the lights turned on once more, Loki and you separated, going to your sides of the couch.

"Alright who wants to play a game?" Tony asked round

"Let me guess Tony, this will turn into a drinking truth or dare ?" Nat raised an eyebrow, knowing what was going through the billionaire's mind.

"Yup." 

"Must I partake?" Loki questionned, scowling and huffing. He grabbed the nearest snack and started eating some dried seaweed.

"Of course brother! Consider this as getting to know everyone." Thor seemed thrilled to play and to consume liquor but then again that was Thor.

"I have no interest in discovering or witnessing anything." Loki hisses

"Ah come on Loki, join in." 

"Fine." 

The team got ready and Tony started. 

"Alright, Thor, truth or dare." 

"I will start with Truth." 

"One of your most best or worst memories. 

"Right well. I was about eight at the time and always had this fascination for snakes. Whenever I'd see one, I couldn't help but watch and study it. Loki of course knew this and transformed into a most fascinating green snake. Obviously, I picked it up to admire it but then he goes AH!,  transforms back and he stabbed me."