Chapter 2- Draining training

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"Oh shut it will you?" I slammed my hand on my alarm clock, making the whole nightstand shudder. Groaning, I rolled out of bed and landed on the soft carpet. Then, I got up to my feet,  stretched then went to the window, opening it to let the cool morning breeze flow in. I took a few deep breaths to get ready to start my day. 

Half an hour later, I was in the training room fighting with Natasha. Her strength and agility were my main issues when fighting against her. Also the fact she did not stop herself and always went full-out.

 I'd try to kick her to the left and she'd block it, pushing me back harshly. To every punch and attack, she was equal. With a swift movement of my right leg, I tripped her up and she thudded against the floor. I gave her my hand to help stand back up but she pulled it hard, slamming me where she was a few minutes before. Yanking her wrist, I got to my feet and aimed for her stomach, her blocking it with her arm before spinning and putting me in a headlock. Finally managing to wriggle and punch myself out of her grip, I jabbed and aimed, time and time again, managing to have a few hits but no more than she. The sound of limb against limb or clothing resounded in the gym. 

After an arduous fight, we ran four miles and did thirty push-ups before calling it a day. 

I went back to take my shower, knowing that afterwards I'd have to meet with Loki in the training room for our first magic session. For the first two weeks since his arrival, he couldn't enter the training rooms as they contained weapons. I could feel the Avengers were starting to be slightly less wary of him but still kept their guard up. Loki was rarely seen out of his room anyways. 

He didn't seem to care about us, living his life independently and as recluded as possible. He probably just wanted to be left alone and it was something I understood. 

<>------<>------<>-------<>------<>-------<>

My usual care routine done, I went into the kitchen to grab some breakfast. Clint was there munching on some toast peacefully whilst Thor looked desperately lost as to how the toaster worked to eat his Pop Tarts. No matter how many times I would explain it to him, he'd always forget. It was as if someone ran a windshield swipe over his memory regularly. 

My body followed the exact same routine as nearly every morning. It did its thing, allowing my mind to roam aimlessly. The thoughts over breakfast were different than from under the shower, the latter allowing deep reflection mostly on myself and life. 

<>------<>------<>-------<>------<>-------<>

I hadn't practised my magic much and I wasn't expecting anything from myself as I entered the room. Loki was already there, in his suit made of 'fine Asgardian leather', standing in the center, testing out the limits of the bracelet. He turned to face me even thought I hadn't even made a sound.

"Hello darling, ready to finally do something interesting in here?" he asked, his bright eyes shining. 

"I mean sure! It's about time I learnt how to use my powers. Got to use them on Stark and Thor to have a little fun around here. " 

He chuckled appreciatively before motionning for me to come closer. 

"Right. I will use my powers to try and figure out what yours are. Don't worry, I won't go prying or anything, unless you want me too." he grinned 

"Try me if you dare Loki." I responded with the same grin. 

He placed his hand on my forehead and I felt both hot from his touch and cool as his magic flowed through me. His eyes were closed in concentration and it was almost as if I could feel him going through my mind, like someone goes through a pile of papers. Too soon, he removed his cold hand.