Chapter 11- To unleash the fury of a God

LOKI'S POV: 

 A few hours earlier:

I paced around my room that had been fixed and cleaned once more. The amount of times I had broken, upturned, ripped, punched the barriers of this chamber can't even be counted on one's fingers anymore. 

I was done reading, sitting, sleeping, sparring, anything. I was tired of it all. 

In these two weeks of loneliness, I replayed the memories I had of her most of the time. Her smile, her laugh, her hair, her cooking, her gorgeous eyes. Every inch seemed crafted out of heaven. This wasn't love, definitely not. Admiration, attachment, friendship perhaps. 

But what was love? I knowed not. 

Love was written in sonnets, plays and ballads. Had I felt it? Fraternal love, yes. Friendly love, yes. But romantic love? 

Was romantic love the butterflies in my stomach when she came near? The gold ribbon that kept appearing? Her presence soothing my raging mind? The electricty crackling every time we touched? The void her absence had left?

I knowed not.

Someone knocked at my door. Since the disappearance of Y/n, the Avengers had come to check on me every morning and left food outside my bedroom. No one dared approach me anymore, not after how I tried to attack them all several times  when they tried engaging in discussion. 

"What is it?" 

"You are to come to the conference room Loki." Thor's voice boomed from across the door. Great, now these imbeciles wanted to see me? Was I a display animal? A suspect? My petiness begged me to shut my ears to his words but my heart told me to listen and bear with him. 

Flicking my wrist, I fixed myself up and opened the door. Growling at him, he responded in the same manner. Our footsteps synchronised across the marble flooring of the tower as he led me on and on through familiar corridors and places. Sunlight danced through the panes of glass, creating shapes and patterns around us. The solemn silence left me a bit uneasy. As much as silence suited me to think or ponder, parties and action made my life that much more interesting. To say I was lacking entertainment is an understatement.

Finally, he pushed open two glass doors and motionned for me to come in. The team turned to face me, their expressions closed, cold and unwelcoming. A picture of the Earth was floating over the table, with glowing spots covering parts of it. The tension and hostility burdened the very air of the room.

"Ah hello. " I grinned, flippping my hair to its perfect position, where it cascaded smoothly down my draped shoulders.

"Hi to you too Loki." Tony responded, pacing around the glass table. 

"I must say, your welcome is warmer than necessary. Although a little bow or curtsy would do." 

"Loki, enough." Thor said firmly, most probably already irritated with my confidence already. 

"Thanks Point break. So Loki of Asgard. We have a plan to rescue Y/n." Tony announced, clapping his hands and gazing at me expectantly.

My eyes light up; my pulse quickening at the mention of her name and the plan that could save her. As soon as I realised my response to this wonderful piece of news, I emptied my face of emotion once more, acting unbothered. 

"Why are you telling me this, Midgardian?" 

Tony rolled his eyes to the nine realms.

"We need you to be a part of it. However this requires trust and... well... your powers." Tony continued, clearly hating the words that left his words, as if they were coated in bitter liquid.