Chapter 8- Galas usually don't end up in fights even when drunk

God, how did it go from a lovely gala to this? 

Thankful for your dress' built in trousers, you unclasped the skirt swiftly and pulled out the gun you had concealed just in case. You dodged a few bullets left or right and ran towards Pepper who was shooting at all the intruders rushing into the events hall. Once again, Tony was quite a lucky man. 

All the guests had rushed out in panic so now it was only you and the rest of the Avengers in the ballroom fighting off twenty or so men from HYDRA. 

You shot without breaking a sweat at all the men surrounding Pepper and she flashed you a thankful smile before going back to fight more people. 

A man grabbed you from behind, putting you in a headlock. 

You stomped furiously on his feet with your stilettos and as he yelped in pain, you punched him square in the jaw, then the gut. Completely knocked out, he collapsed on the floor in a loud noise. 

Two others were charging at you from your left hand-side and you raised your gun, ready to get this done and other with. You pressed the trigger but nothing came out. Palor and cold sweat slightly fell upon you as you realised the barell was empty. You'd have to make do. Gathering your strength, furiously hitting their skulls and temples with the sharp edges of your gun, blood creeping down their skins. You didn't relent until they fell on the floor in a heap. 

You stowed you now useless gun away and grabbed the first bottle you could find, smashing it on the head of the woman that was coming behind Thor. He turned round at the loud crash and nodded his head in gratitude before returning to fight.

Something grabbed your hair and pulled on it, hard. Your mind was racing as you elbowed him in the ribs before right hooking his jaw. No-one touches your hair. 

Beads of sweat and blood were gleaming on your shiny skin under the starry lights of the chandeliers. Your breathing was heavy and irregular, your heart unstoppable. Adrenaline rushed through your bursting veins, you weren't going to give up. Your eyes danced around the room hastily, trying to figure out who needed desperate help. Nat was doing okay, Tony was blasting them with his lasers, making the assailants crash into the tables and receive trays of food on their spinning heads. Steve and Bucky had teamed up and were doing fine as well. 

All of a sudden, another door burst open and about ten other warriors entered to replace those who had fallen at your weapons. 

Sprinting to the other end of the room, you slid under people's legs, dodged their fists and bullets,  responded with an even stronger attack. 

You removed your heels and started fighting with the pointy end. Whatever happened tonight, you weren't going down without a fight. The woman in front of you pulled out a knife and aimed for your cheek. You narrowly missed but it slightly slashed your shoulder, red oozing from the cut. You hissed as you rushed back at her. She kicked your legs from underneath you and you collapsed on the floor with an oompth. You jumped back to your feet and wiped away the blood from your mouth. Frantically attacking her with the sharp end of your heel, you backed over and spun to miss another one of her blades. Blocking her off with your forearms, she ruthlessly slashed across your forearm.

"Can we get this over Goldilocks?" you asked, looking at her blonde curls who were clinging to her temples from the sweat. She pounced even more enraged and held the blade to your throat. In a despereate attempt, you jabbed her in the arms and twisted her arm whilst ramming her down into the floor with  a swift kick. There she lay on the floor unmoving. You shook yoru arms quickly, ready to charge again.

A sharp pain stung the back of your head and you collapsed into strong arms.

 Into darkness. 

Into silence.