二十七

Silence followed the American's question. All that could be heard was the lapping sounds of water hitting the coast. After some time, a small smile broke out on Seokmin's face. 

"I used to ask myself if you ever did anything to make me hate you"

"Did I?"

Seokmin's smile grew wider 

"Ever since I knew you, my life has been a lot tougher. Whatever I do, I need to compare it to you"

"You must hate me a lot for that, don't you?" said Joshua in a small voice. A pinch of sadness could be observed on his face.

" I should. But then I tried to think it through, you were put in the same situation too. That's why I couldn't force myself to hate you" For some reason today, his words sounded wise.

"What about you ?" asked Seokmin curious about the other's perspective. Joshua looked at him, right into his eyes. He kept quiet, as if he was thinking about something deep. 

"When you were the reason I got transferred, I was so angry at you and my mom"

These words caused Seokmin's heart to ache. That was one of the things that made him regret his past behaviours. Even though he knew that this wouldn't mend the past time, all that he managed to utter was "I'm sorry"

Joshua wore a small yet contagious smile on his face. "It's fine"

"It was just anger, not hatred" he concluded.

The younger let out a happy sigh and stated "Without people around, I can sit next to you just fine. 

But when there are other people... Talking to you feels like a matter of life and death"

"What can we do? We're just born this way" Joshua was just stating the truth. It wasn't their fault that they couldn't even talk to each other, let alone dating each other. Both of them stared at each other. It was almost like they could read each other's thoughts - Their worries.

"Want to try it for a while? Just sit here and care about nothing" suggested Seokmin, to which the other did not give a reply. Joshua wasn't the type to express his feelings unlike the person sitting next to him. Both of them refrained themselves from talking. They were enjoying the peaceful and therapeutic sounds of nature. Unconsciously,  Seokmin's hand started moving closer to Joshua's. Soon it touched its destination. Joshua was a little surprised of the foreign touch but secretly loved it.

He looked at the hands, which were now entangled. The water had reached their palms, wetting it again. Now his gaze shifted towards the other male.

"Why are you so quiet now?" teased Seokmin. Little did he know that Joshua was fighting with himself to not blush hard. He kind of failed doing it as his cheeks had turned into a light tone of pink. Yet, he tried to keep up his image.

"Speaking with you nicely, I just don't know how to" replied Joshua.

"Same here" said Seokmin as he giggled for a while.

"Thanks" Joshua was taken aback by Seokmin. What was it for? 

"For saving Ri's life" It was as if Seokmin understood everything that was going on his frenemy's mind.

The American just nodded his head. 

"If I drown, will you help me?" questioned Seokmin curiously to which the other slowly shook his head , meaning 'no'.

"I'll let the fish eat you"

Seokmin smirked and stood up. He ran towards the ocean and fell into the water. 

"Help! Please help!" He was pretending to drown. Spoiler... His acting skills were um...

Joshua laughed at his childishness. 

"Shua help! I'm drowning over here"

Let's just say that his mini act lasted only for a minute since the elder refused to play with him after having a long day. He came out of the water and shook his head continuously in order to dry his hair. 

"You seriously let me play alone" pouted Seokmin as he sat next to Joshua. 

"Have you ever pictured what it'd be like if our parents didn't fight ?" implored the younger.

"If our families aren't enemies... " Joshua smiled at the thought. He would have had a happier family, a peaceful life and lastly, a cute boyfriend. He wouldn't have to hide his true feelings. He would have more friends. That would be his dream life, but that would always remain as a dream. In the end, their families were foes, and nothing could change the fact. Maybe not even his love for Seokmin. 

" Let's head back before it gets dark" said Joshua suddenly. Seokmin was disappointed. ONE, he wanted to listen to Joshua's answer, TWO, he wanted to spend more time with the other.

"Fine." replied Seokmin bummed.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

They both had reached Jin's house. Thankfully none of their friends were present at that time. All of them had gone out (hopefully separately). This gave the both of them enough time to freshen up. This was going to be their last day in Hanagae beach. The students of the camp were scheduled to leave the next day. 

This meant, that this is the last night Joshua gets to spend with Seokmin

🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇