三十四

THE NEXT DAY'S REHEARSALS :-

Joshua was thinking about something, that's when Hoseok called the absent minded boy's name.

"Huh?" Joshua asked, confused.

"You're supposed to be taking the actors' vocal practices"

"Oh right!" said the boy slapping his forehead. " Thinkin' bout you always makes me lose track of my surroundings" he thought.

" Everyone, let's start with our vocal warm - up" he instructed. He noticed Taeyong leaving without telling the director.

"Hey Taeyong, where are you going? " he shouted to which he got a rude reply 

"I have an event to attend

"I get paid there" added Taeyong. 

 "If you're not up for it, just quit" scoffed Joshua. "No one is stopping you"

A sarcastic smile creeped on the actor's smile. "Do you think Hobi Hyung is willing to find someone to replace me on such short notice?"

" And do you think we can't find someone more responsible than you in this university?" retorted the other.

The entire set was watching the entire drama happening in  front of them but no one dared to stop the boys.

"We'll see if he's going to replace me or the singer" said Taeyong patting Joshua's shoulder. 

"You dare talk about him" yelled Joshua pushing the actor away from him. Before either of them could do anything, Hoseok came in between them. 

"Jisoo, what are you doing?"

"Easy there" he whispered, rubbing Joshua's back in order to comfort. 

"What are you going to do now Hyung?" asked Taeyong with a smirk. He left the auditorium, leaving everyone puzzled. There was only one person happy about his decision : JOSHUA.

🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌🌌

THAT EVENING :

Joshua was expecting a very important person. He was waiting for him in the terrace. A noisy person disturbed the stillness of the place by exclaiming "You tricked me here for what now?"

" Come on" said Joshua. 

"I don't always play games with you... I just wanted to see you" he added.

"Yeah? If that guy didn't quit the play, would you still want to see me?" questioned Seokmin causing Joshua's smile to drop. News travels fast to your ears, especially when Boo Seungkwan is your best friend.

"Hobi Hyung wanted me to ask you if you still want the role" whispered Joshua, slightly embarrassed. He was the one who convinced the director to select Taeyong instead of Seokmin in the first place. He didn't want people to learn about the connection between him and Seokmin.

"And why would I want that?" teased the  younger.

"Don't you wanna beat me anymore?"

Seokmin's face lit up. "Are you saying if I take the role, you will confess your feelings for me ?"

Joshua hesitantly nodded his head." Then you'll win the bet"

"As simple as that?" asked the other, still not believing him.

"You and I are both tight-lipped. We will never reveal our true feelings if nothing forced us to do so"

"You just... happened to win the lottery this time" concluded Joshua. 

"That's true, so are you going to confess right now?" asked Seokmin, causing Joshua's jaws to drop. He had never had the courage to confess despite his crush on him since high school. Now he wants him to do what now?

"F-fine" he stammered. " I l-lov-"

Seokmin pressed his finger on the nervous boy's lips and smiled "You just said that I won the lottery? Can I get the jackpot now"

Joshua removed the other's finger and questioned "M-meaning?"

"Meaning you must say you like me on the Engineering faculty's projector screen

" You little brat" said Joshua. "Has he always been a trickster ? " he thought to himself.

" I just love to see your face when you lose" commented Seokmin giggling. 

Joshua had no other choice but to forgot about Seokmin accepting the role. There was no way that he'd do that. If people got to know that they two were dating, the news would spread like wildfire. They already had an image of being all time rivals. They had lied about everything, not the mention their parents' reactions. They would not even think twice before disowning them. Doing that small thing would ruin both their lives. Seokmin wasn't a small child, he knew about the entire situation, yet he ...

" You know what? I'm finding a better actor" said Joshua. He left the place, stomping furiously. Despite it, a smile broke out on Seokmin's face.

"Thank God, I thought I had to confess first... God, he's unpredictable. First he's shy to confess and now he just stormed out angrily." he said to himself. "The things you do to me Shua"

🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭🎭

THE AUDITORIUM :

Hoseok was furious. He threw the script on the floor and yelled "You said Seokmin would agree to help!"

"It was... my bad" answered Joshua in an almost inaudible voice.

"Can we postpone it?" asked the same boy.

"Postpone? The tickets have already been sold" replied Hoseok. 

" Just apologize to Taeyong and bring him back" suggested Jennie to which Joshua said "You know  that he's irresponsible"

"Just go!" instructed the director.

That's when the stages' light lit up. A person was under the spotlight. All that everyone heard was his angelic voice when he said 

"Romeo is right here, my dear Juliet"

Joshua couldn't help but  smile.

I knew it...

🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇⁜🍕🐇