Sweet poison.

As we drove to my new place, my mind drifted away with every centimetres we took. I looked outside through the window . It was quiet. Even when it was in the evening. The time when people be taking even walks, lovers holding hands, kids playing around after school.  It felt quiet because none of that was happening.  The silence reminded me of the loneliness I  was about the face.

   I couldn't help but let my mind go a stray.
I was thinking about ikah. The man I hate and love. The man who made me feel confused.  Who played with my emotions all the time . Even though I wanted to hate him , I couldn't bring my self to. He was my sweet poison .
     The kiss we shared on the day I was in the hospital,  it was still lingering.  When he kissed me in my room, it was still fresh. I couldn't help wanting more...I  mean I still wonder why I enjoyed that and still want it replayed.
      His voice" but do you know that you love"..ooh my God. I still remember it all clearly.  His dark eyes looking at me intently.  It is one of the night mares that keep me  up through out the whole  night.

  "  Maybe he's right. I do love him. But even if i do...if he knows about it..can't he restrain himself in front of me? Can't  he be a gentleman instead of acting like a jerk?  Why does he have to hurt my feelings like this?.. aaaah...forget it, I don't even know when I fell in love with him"

    " Chief, we are here" Karan informed me.This voice got me out of my reverie.
       "Oooh" I said as I adjusted my self to get a clear view of the place.
        "Karan,  why are we at Arbacus ?" I asked karan confused. Why did he bring me to a hotel...my hotel at that
      "Chief, your security matters alot . The security here is tight enough.  Besides , you are staying in a presidential suit. You won't be lonely because there are people coming here now and then."
  However, if Chief is uncomfortable here, we shall change as soon as possible ". He continued

  "   Forget it. This is good. Thanks for the arrangements "
   "   As always chief" He replied with a smile. I wonder if he's up to something but ..its okay.
I guess he's right. Security is key.

  It took us nearly two hours to reach to my new home which Karan got for me. He knew exactly what I wanted. I never wanted to stay alone in a big apartment.  That would be boring.
     My body guards carried my bags to the 3rd floor. We took the elevator to the 3rd floor where my room was located.
This is not my first time here. I have slept in this same room once or twice.
      It was already late in the evening...9:34 pm. I needed to prepare for my bed . However,  I had not yet eaten anything. 
  "Karan, order something for us. You guys will have supper with me before you go."  I told them

"  On it young miss...we are actually also very hungry..."
      "Oh karan order whole lots of food. Or else I will eat you up"  Five stated making us all laugh out loud. It was always fun having my body guards around. They became serious where necessary and became very funny where necessary.
   Food came in. I guess karan wanted to make me broke. He ordered all lots of food, wines and these guys ....
       "  Why wines..."
I asked them confused why they would drink wine while at work
.        We are off work today Boss. We are only accompanying our chief to drink and welcoming her to her new room. So we are staying for the night.  Seven answered while giggling. Okay. This caught me off guard. But who am I to refuse the generosity.  I trust my boys.
     "  Alright then, let's toast to the beautiful night coming up."I said as we all raised our glasses to cheers. It was meant to be a beautiful night.

The whole night, we ate and drunk,  told stories of our experiences.  Karan told us about his family.  About his lost brothers and to his sadness ,we drunk for his sorrows.
Six, who was always very quiet became the most talkative person on the table. He told us stories about his childhood,  his rebellious self and how he came to join the bodyguards.  Surprisingly,  he was from the British Royal family.  He spilled his secret which as a team will have to keep safely.

By 3am ,we werè all wasted. However, I knew  that I had classes in.the morning.  I left them in.the sitting room and moved to my bedroom to sleep

Vvm vnm..the sound  from my phone woke me up. I had put it in vibration.
God, who's this disturbing me  this early morning ?
I scrambled in the bed until I held it from the bedside drawer..  I didn't even check who it was. I just picked it up in daze.

    " Hello" I answered in a daze
There was silence from the other side
     "Hello.." I said again..alittle impatient
    "  Still in bed ?" Came the voice . Oh God . The voice made me get fully awake.
I sat properly on the bed now fully awake. Why does he mean by still in bed? Isn't it still at night?I guess the silence from my side made him confused.
      " Sam ?" He called me again. And ya, as you have guessed, the caller is none other than ikah.
        "Aaah..isn't it early..." I said while stammering.  Trying to add up words.
Ooh.ooh.Samantha...why are you unable to speak now...relax ...I said to my self as i breathed in and out

I heard ikah chuckling.

     "Have you checked the time yet?" He asked which made me realise how stupid I was. Clearly, I was even having a phone and a wall clock in.my room. I checked my phone only to see it was 1 pm.
   Ooh my God. How did I sleep this long. I even skipped my classes.

      "Are you okay, why didn't you attend classes today? "He asked in a.worried tone. What a green snake! How has he suddenly become worried? Hasn't he been laughing at me minutes ago?.How hypocritical a person can be!

   "Hey, Sam..are you there?" He asked again sensing my silence.
   " I am fine. You have no right to worry about me. I just slept off and forgot about my lectures " I told him

   "Did anything happen , why did you sleep for all this long? Is everything alright?"He asked still trying to pry into and get answers from me
    "  That is none of your business " I said

      "        " He kept quiet .

    " You should be asking your pretentious fox such questions. Don't worry about me. It's not appreciated " I told him . His silence made me anxious.  Why isn't he saying anything.  Is he angry at me. Did I go too far?

         "Why are you quiet? Isn't it the truth?" I said again trying to make him say something.

       "  Are you jealous?" I heard him chuckle instead
      "What, no way, why would I be jealous of that pretentious fox?" I asked out aloud only to recieve Ikah's laughter.
    Why is he laughing now..but I couldn't help and like the way he laughed.  It seemed so natural and genuine. Maybe I really made him happy.
        " Okay, okay you are not jealous.  Now wake up and take your meals. Its past lunch time now. I ordered something for you. It will be there in a minute." He said and cut off the phone.

  What has just happened? Did ikah order for me lunch? How did he know where I am staying?[ sob sob sob]  I won't be able to hide away from him.[ sob,sob,sob,]

The door bell rang. I immediately dropped my phone and rushed to pick the door without even wearing shoes." I need to see what ikay has ordered for me" I thought as I rushed down to the door.
     "Hello" I greeted the delivery guy while panting
      "I guess you are hungry...sign here " He said. The scent from the food clearly showed how delicious it was. I was starving already.
  I immediately opened the boxes after sending off the delivery guy.
       Oh my God!.
     " what a surprise " All my favourite dishes were packed . Well made to my liking.  I loved everything.  I didn't mind about manners and grabbed everything with my hands. This was too delicious. A.note fell down from the box. I opened it to see the content

   "  I am sorry .  Just let me love you"
                         Ikah❤️
I don't know why but I found my self smiling very hard. I guess I have fallen too.