The ride

It was surprising how the day moved on without any disturbance.  It was very peaceful for me and I did not feel sad as I was feeling in the morning.  Everything seemed normal .

At lunch time, I expected to see Beck and her friends cause problems again. But fortunately,  I didn't see them any where in the cafe. Ikah also texted me to inform me that he will not have lunch with me  because he was caught up.
Classes moved on thoroughly and smoothly.

    Evening came and classes were coming to an end. The Bio chemics lecturer in class over stayed for 5 minutes. I was already tired. I needed to get home and rest.
I felt very exhausted at the end of the day. All that happened during the day had a toil on me.
      I packed my stuff in my bag as soon as the lecturer said "that was it for the day" and hurriedly made it to the door even before the lecturer could get out.

         "What's with the rush?"
I knocked into some hard chest as I rushed out. Oooh wow ikay again. But wait, why is he here?in my class?
    Ikah positioned me and got my bag from me. We were standing right at the entrance . I turned to look around the class. Ooh gosh! All eyes on us. I immediately pulled Ikay out of the class.

       "Hey , what are you doing here? I asked him as soon as we reached outside.  This wasn't the right time to show people that we were dating but he..was already coming to my class .

     " I came to carry my girlfriend's bag." Ikah replied with all the seriousness he could master.

      "Come on , don't be like this!" I felt so  embarrassed. Why was he acting clingy suddenly. " you even haven't explained your self yet" I added while looking at him.

    "Okay..buh..so does it mean after I have explained,  we shall make our relationship public?" He asked me as we walked to the packing lot.

      "I didn't say that.." I said as I looked away everywhere else but at him.

        "Come on Sam, why not hmm..why do you want to hide about us. Am not cute  enough?"He shamelessly asked.

         "Do you want that..I mean exposing us?" I asked
        "Alot. Alot Sam. I want every body to know about us. That you are my girl."
What he said was sweet. I started blushing as we walked further and further.

Maybe that would be good too. I want to see what Becky will do.

    " Okay. Basing on how honest you will be in your explanation today" I said as I laughed mischievously.

      "Sure." He said as he opened his  car door for me to enter.

I couldn't wait to lie down my head the moment I stepped in the car. I didn't want ikah to notice that I wasn't feeling well but it was getting heavier than I thought.  I had started feeling dizzy but held up abit

As soon as I sat down, I leaned on the  seat and closed my eyes .

       "Eeeh , are you that tired? " I heard Ikay whisper in my ears as he buckled my seat belt.  However, I didn't have the energy to respond. I just wanted to lie down and put my head to rest.

        "Are you okay ?" Ikay asked when I thought he was going to start the car.

   "Sam, are you okay?" He asked again after noticing my silence.He was starting to get worried and I could hear that in his voice. I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was full of worry. Seriously looking at me

        "Hey, it's okay. I just have headache.  That's all." I said to him trying to dismiss the topic.  I didn't want us to dwell on it . I knew ikah would make a mountain out of a hill.

      "Let's go home. I just need to rest." I continued , hoping he would drop the matter as soon as possible but I guess that was my wishful thinking.  Ikah was not ready to drop the matter. He wanted to know more about it. About hoe I got headache and why I didn't say anything.

      "  When did it start?" He asked.

         "Earlier today"  I replied

        "What time exactly?"

        "Hmm..After lunch .." I said trying to sound as normal as I can. His grave stare was making me uncomfortable.

     "Why didn't you tell me ? We have all been in school.  Why didn't you say something ?"
        He asked me .

   "   Can we go home first ?" I asked since o didn't want to start explaining. Ikah didn't say anything.  He silently drove the car .

     As we drove. He came to a stop. Ooh, that was quick. I thought.  But when I opened my eyes, I realised I was wrong. We were not at home. He had packed his car infront of the drug shop. He didn't say anything to me. Just opened the door and moved out.

    I stayed sitted in my posture as I waited for him. Head leaning on the chair, with my eyes closed.
Ikah returned a few minutes later. It took him 10 minutes to return to the car.He had two shopping bags in his hands. He handed me a take way bag.

    " What is this?" I asked them confused

      "Are you a fool ? Open it." He shouted at me . Gosh why is he suddenly mad? I felt bad but didn't want to dwell on it.

       I opened the bag only to see well packed. I was still feeling angry after what he said. I wanted to say I was  not hungry but my stomach had to rumble at that time. Ikah passed me a bottle of water.

        "Eat up.  You will take medicine after that."He said

        "I am not hung..." I had not yet completed the statement when Ikah cut me off and shouted at me.

         "Don't make me repeat my self , eat the damn food" He shouted.

       His shouting got me off.  What was wrong with him. Why did he come shouting at me as if I killed a person.  Despite my being hungry, I nolonger had the appetite to eat the food.
I turned and looked at him . He was staring outside the car through the window.  He refused to make any eye contact with me.

      "What have I done wrong?" I asked . But he didn't look at me. Neither did he say anything.  He just leaned on the chair and closed his eyes.

    " Eat your food first. You can't take the medicine when you are hungry " He said this time abit softer. But not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to know what I had done that made him angry .

          "  Sorry about that. I shouldn't have shouted at you" He said.

         I did not respond.  I just kept quiet , hoping he will say more.

        "Samantha,  if anything happens to you,  o should know about it. If you fall ill or don't feel well, I should know about it. Tell me the moment you feel weak, or sick. I want to know that okay.
   Now, you have been having headache,  in pain since afternoon and I am just getting to know about it. Really?" He explained when he saw me saying nothing.

    "  But.." I said only to have ikah cut me off again

       "No buts Samantha, I am your boyfriend okay, why is it hard for you to tell me how you are feeling ?"

      "  Sorry. It won't happen again. " I apologised . I didn't want the argument to proceed more since I wasn't feeling  well. I opened the food and picked a mouth full of spoon to start eating.  Ikah took away the spoon from my hand .

      "Let me help you" He said as he brought the spoon to my mouth. I didn't however allow him entry.

    "   Come on , let me do it. " He said and i finally did.  I was still sulking when I felt ikay lift me up. The movements shocked me. I was now sitting on Ikah's laps.

       "This is better" He said as he brought the food to my mouth for me to eat. I swooped it all from the spoon in one go making him chuckle.  The meal continued with like that until it was done. Ikah put me back to my seat and handed me the medicine which I swallowed.

        "Sleep abit. I will wake you up when we reach home. " He said as he prepared my seat into a sleeping position.  I gladly welcomed the Princess treatment and lied down.
   As my eyes drifted to sleep,  I felt ikah giving me a kiss on the cheek and starting  the car.