A step closer.

I woke up from my sleep hearing the noise  around me. I slowly opened my eyes only to see ,I was in the bed  room.
     Where is this? I thought.  I looked around the room and it was unfamiliar. As I got panicked, my eyes caught sight of a photo on the wall in the corner.  It was a very huge photo covering up almost the whole corner.
      I slowly woke up and walked to the direction .

    In the photo,  there stood a group of people.  My brother  Jim was standing next to Ikah on the left and Rabecca on the right. She seemed fit for that side. There was another girl , I didn't recognise .  She sat on the chair with the rest standing on sides. I looked closely at the photo. The duo was smiling happily as if they gat all in life.

      Something caught my eyes however. Rabecca and ikah were in couple clothes. Both in same jumpers and pants..jeans of the same design. This hit me hard. I didn't want to think too much about it but it was right there in front of me

       It was then, that I realised it would not be easy for me and ikah as long as Rabecca is around.

    "  You are awake?" I heard ikay asking  from behind me.

     "Why did you bring me here?" I asked him without turning back to look at him

     " Your place was abit far. You were sleeping in the car. So I brought you here "

         "You could have just woken me up" I murmured to him.

           Ikah suddenly turned me around to meet his eyes. Our eyes connected.
       " Hey, what's wrong ?" He asked looking intently at me.

        "Nothing " I looked away. He touched my forward and asked whether the headache was still there. Oooh...that's when I remembered that I was having headache. But I felt nothing now.

    "   It's gone . I am fine now. " I said looking anywhere else  but him. I heard him sigh deeply.

     "  What triggered you?  You have been okay. Is it because I brought you here?" He asked me as he held my face in his hands , making me look at him. His hands were very cold. I guess he was in water.  That's the noise I was hearing.

          " It's just..I was looking at this photo and..  ikah , tell me honestly,  you and Rabecca have never been a couple?" I asked him. He looked at me confused.

      " Where did you get this from?" He asked.

        "From the photo, "I said. "You are  literally putting on couple clothes." I continued.
He moved to the photo pulling me àlong with him.
     I looked at him to see his reaction after seeing the photo . And yah I saw shock. Its like he didn't even know about it.

    "  I didn't even notice this." He said while removing the photo.

   "  If it bothers you, we shall remove it then" He said as he put the photo away.

     "Not that it bothers me but I now believe that Rabecca is in love with you." I said looking at him to see how he would react to this.

     "No way Sam. That's impossible   and besides, I feel nothing for her....just regard her as a friend .I have never thought of  being more than that to her" He said

       "Really?" I asked.
He pulled me over to him and gave me a peck on the lips.

      " Really" He affirmed.

    " But...can I ask you something?" He continued  and I nodded.

       "Why are you so much bothered and suspicious about me and Becky? Is there something I don't know?" He asked.

      "Because she and her friends are always attacking me over you so....I guess.." I said and shrung my shoulders at the end.

       "  What?"

        "  Ya"

        "And you have never told me or Jim about this?"

        "Not ..because thats girl conflicts"

        "What did they do to you?" He  asked as he looked at me seriously.