Epilogue

The Village Hidden in the Leaves was embraced in a warm peace it has not seen in a long time. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping freely, the smell of the cooking stalls and vendors stained the air with sweetness, allowing its citizens to smile easily as they bustled through the streets. 

It has been six months since this peace has been gifted. The war was over, the tensions between the Leaf and the Stone along with the Cloud were still high, but there was not even a mention of war. Not even a thought. 

There were those who were guessed as to why that was. Some thought that perhaps the Cloud and Stone had only shown a hard front, but cared about the cause. Others thought that maybe both of the powerful Hidden villages have come to the terms with the fact that Naruto Uzumaki was no longer a Leaf shinobi, and thus any conflict with the Leaf over the source of the conflict, would be pointless. 

And a few who took part in the war, knew better. They knew the true reason. Neither the Cloud nor the Stone were foolish enough to attempt anything on the Hidden Leaf while Naruto Uzumaki still walked the Earth.  

Many had witnessed his colossal battle with the unnamed Uchiha known only as Sasuke to the rogue blond, and with those witnesses, came tales that spread throughout the nations like a wild fire through a hay barn. The battle had reformed an entire landscape, with any type of habitation not to be seen in years. 

Alone, standing in front of a memorial, was none other than Obito Uchiha, looking at the names of those he lost. His eyes crawled up and down the list as his scarred face was covered in sorrow. He had narrowly survived his almost fatal wound from Sasuke Uchiha, Sayuri's alternative dimension variant. The thought of that existing still messed with his head. What would happen when he died? Would he have to go through it all again like Naruto did? 

He dismissed the thoughts with a shake of a head and a small chuckle. "I don't think you'd like me going back in time would you, Rin?" He closed his eyes. "I sure hope I don't. Tsunade-sama told me she's thinking of finally handing me the hat. The war was probably the final straw to break the camel's back." 

He sighed and bowed to the memorial. "Please, continue watching over me, Rin," He smiled softly, his eyes hanging over a specific name. "And you too. . ." 

Kakashi Hatake

"Kakashi." 

"Do you think this makes my butt look fat?" Ino asked, standing in front of a mirror in some new clothes she just bought, asking Sakura who was laying on the bed behind her, who was reading a book. 

"Why would I care?" The pinkette responded, not bothering to look up from the book. After the war, she had considered retiring as a shinobi, but her love as a medic had stopped her. Naruto's actions, while seemingly justified, were still inhumane. When she saw him on the battlefield after the battle itself ended, she was afraid. 

Afraid that the boy she grew to care for like a brother, her stupid, goofy, lovable teammate, was dead. 

Sakura watched as Naruto hovered over the older Uchiha's body, still holding onto the blade that pierced his heart. She saw from a distance as Naruto slowly retracted his hand, shaking violently as he curled over and let out a bloodcurdling scream that shook the air. 

She couldn't hear the gasps of shock, but she could see it on the faces of the small united shinobi as their eyes widened and their mouths hung open. She could see them in her peripheral vision taking steps back. She turned her head back towards her teammate and she saw him stand up.