Chapter 1: Lost

"Naruto!" Sasuke shouted as an explosion rippled throughout the night air. "We have to go now!" Naruto, glowing a bright yellow with three medium-sized balls, his Truthseeker Orbs, surrounding him, grit his teeth as he saw Madara demolish what was left of the Great Ninja Alliance. 

Madara and Obito had taken everything from them. Their world, their peace, their lives, and their minds, stripped of everything they knew. 

"I have to save her!" Naruto screamed in agony as a Rasenshuriken formed in his right palm almost instantly. "He's going to kill Sakura-chan!" Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan looked down at the ground in shame, his left eye closed. 

"Naruto! Sakura is fighting to give us time! We're the world's only hope! We have to go, now!" He shouted. Naruto looked back at Sasuke before his eyes trailed back to Madara, who had just implanted his sword in Sakura Haruno's heart. 

Three long years. It had been three, terrifyingly long years since Obito, who had been posing as Madara at the time, had declared the 4th Great Shinobi War. Three years since he's been fighting a constant uphill battle against the two crazed Uchiha. 

"SAKURA-CHAN!" Naruto shouted, fully intending on rushing towards the woman, not caring about the consequences. 

"YOU FOOL!" Sasuke shouted as his left eye flew open, revealing his Rinnegan as he outstretched his hand. "Universal Pull!" He whispered as Naruto suddenly stopped going forward before being yanked back all the way towards Sasuke, who grabbed him and began running. "You really are an idiot aren't you?" 

"Sasuke let me go!" Naruto shouted, struggling with all his might to release himself of Sasuke's grip, but to no avail. "I have to save Sakura-chan!" 

"I will not! I was saving my Rinnegan ability to transport us to a different dimension so we could rest and fight again, but you made me use it up! We have to stay away for five minutes before I can go again!" Naruto's eyes widened. 

"But-"

"Sakura is dead Naruto. Everyone is dead, dying, or waiting for us. We need to stop Madara's rampage! He won't stop until both of us are dead!" 

Naruto remembered when Madara was almost beatable, at the beginning of the war. But the moment he absorbed half of Kurama's chakra, as well as the rest of the Tailed Beast, he evolved into a being that was stronger than the Sage of Six Paths himself. 

They could only do hit and run tactics, but with the threat of Zetsu clones and their clever disguises, they could only do so much. They had relied on Sasuke's and Naruto's strength to one day beat Madara, but they've barely even scratched the godlike man's skin. 

Sasuke's eyes widened as he suddenly hurled Naruto in front of him, his feet skidding in the dirt, his breathing ragged before a beam of light came out of the left side of his chest, destroying his heart. 

"Sasuke!" Naruto shouted as he rushed to his best friend's aid, trying his best to repair the damage that had been done. 

He couldn't. That was Sage infused chakra that had hit Sasuke, something that they found out to be unhealable. "Naruto," Sasuke whispered, blood slowly trailing down his chin, his Sharingan gone, replaced by his coal-black eye, peering at the night sky above them, the stars twinkling in the reflection of his eye. "You are our only hope. You can bring him down, I-I believe in you." 

Tears silently went down Naruto's cheeks as Sasuke went still, the Uchiha now dead. "No," Naruto whispered as the world around him slowly began turning red. 

"Oh? Is he dead now? It's about time, without him this foolish resistance can be fully extinguished because, without him, you are nothing." Madara said, floating in the air just a few yards away from Naruto.