Chapter 16: Hunt

". . ." Jiraiya watched in awe as Naruto held a firm Rasengan in his hand, the blue orb of chakra swirling in his hand rapidly. 

"Take me as your apprentice, pervy sage, you have a lot to teach and I have a lot to learn." 

"How do you know that technique?" Jiraiya asked suddenly, his eyes narrowed. "Did Obito teach you?" 

"I'm my father's son," Naruto said curtly, causing Jiraiya to take a step back as if he had been slapped across the face. "Is it wrong of me to learn his techniques?" 

"So you know. . ." Jiraiya said as he folded his arms. "You think I'm going to take you as my apprentice just because Minato was my student?" 

"No," Naruto said with a slight smirk. "Because I'm your godson. I've forgiven you for leaving me already, there's no point in holding that grudge against you. You provide valuable intel for the Leaf with your spy network, but I'll be damned if you don't make up for it." 

"You know a lot more than you should."

"Lord Third told me," Naruto easily said. 

"Liar," Jiraiya suddenly said, shocking Naruto. "Sarutobi-sensei was the one who made the law on not telling anything about the beast in your stomach, let alone your heritage. So why do you know so much?" 

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Jiraiya smirked.

"Kid I quite literally talk to ancient toads. Try me." Naruto took a deep breath and sent out a pulse of chakra and let out a sigh of relief when he couldn't detect anyone that could be listening. 

"I'm from the future." 

"You're right, I don't believe you." Jiraiya scoffed. "Do you have any proof?" Naruto shrugged.

"I have my knowledge. I know a variety of things, would you like for me to explain?" 

"Please do." 

"Alright, sit down, don't want your old self to die from a heart attack, though your heart WILL ache after hearing such a thing." Jiraiya frowned but heeded Naruto's words by sitting crisscrossed on the side of the dirt road they had been traveling. 

Naruto, who was assigned to Jiraiya by the Council, who had taken charge since Hiruzen's passing, was to find Tsunade Senju who would become the Fifth Hokage. He was thankful because he wasn't able to find the old pervert anywhere before the Third Exams so finally finding him provided him with a bit of relief. 

"Go ahead kid, I'll let you know if I believe you or if you're spewing shit out of your mouth."  Naruto grinned. 

"Alrighty then," Another deep breath. "The Akatsuki is an organization formed of 10 S-Ranked criminals. Hidan, Kakuzu, Itachi Uchiha, Sasori of the Red Sand, Deidara the Mad Bomber, Zetsu, Kisame the Tailless Beast, Konan, Nagato, or if you prefer, Pain, and a masked figure who was once known as Obito Uchiha, but our timelines differ." 

"Did you just say Nagato and Konan?" Jiraiya basically growled. "Alright, I'm calling bullshit now! Those two died!" 

"No, Yahiko was the only person who died. Nagato snapped and used his Rinnegan to slaughter several Hidden Rain shinobi, and then went on to kill Hanzo and take over the Hidden Rain. Then, a masked man manipulated Nagato into changing the organization's purpose into capturing the Tailed Beasts in order to form the Juubi, the Ten-Tails which by the time that happens. . ." Naruto frowned and looked up at Jiraiya with hardened eyes. 

"Then I need to be strong enough to hold off Madara and whoever that masked man is. If the Ten-Tails is born then I will need to absorb it before they can. If they do it instead then this world is finished. Though I do not plan on letting them get this far. I'll beat that masked man and Madara till my dying breath! I won't let this world fall as mine did!" 

Death. 

"So I need your help, pervy sage! I need your help in training me so I can save this world and spare it the fate of my own!" Jiraiya looked at Naruto with wide eyes, the boy clutching at his heart and breathing heavily. "I need to get stronger than ever before! I know a lot of jutsu, the Third let me go into his personal library and even look into the Forbidden Scroll! I need to know everything there is to know about ninjutsu, genjutsu, taijutsu, kenjutsu, and fuinjutsu, and everything else! I want to master them all by the time I'm seventeen so I can save this world and I can't do it without your help pervy sage, PLEASE!" 

"Jeez, kid you're an emotional wreck," Jiraiya stated. "But I believe you. I can't detect a single lie from what you just said." Jiraiya then grinned. "I'll train you kid, but you'll have to call me Jiraiya-sensei!" Naruto's eyes widened as he looked up at his old, and now, new sensei. He wiped away the tears that had threatened to escape. 

"I'm not sure if I can agree to that, pervy sage." Jiraiya only grinned. 

"Ah whatever, now let's go. You can tell me more about your past if you want. It'd be nice to hear the future and be able to prepare." Naruto nodded with a tiny smile. 

"Yeah. . ." 

Naruto sat in the hotel room, his feet crossed and his arms resting on his knees, taking deep breaths and exhaling regularly. 

While he was still alive, after his breakdown during the preliminaries, Hiruzen had recommended that he start meditating, saying that it would ease the pain in his mind and calm his heart. 

Since then he had set out a thirty-minute time period where he would just sit and clear his mind, and so far, it was doing him good. He could think clearly on how to do things with an unbiased mind. It was by far the greatest stress reliever he's had access to as of late, and god knows he needed it. 

As he was hitting the twenty-minute mark, a knock on his door broke his meditation trance. He looked up the door and smirked. He knew exactly what was happening. 

He stood up, dusting the dust off his pants before walking over to the door and swinging it open, revealing two figures standing in front of him in black robes with red clouds littering over them.

"Hello, Itachi and Kisame. Why don't you sit down while we have a little chat?" 

And doner. Sorry for the lateness and the shortness

Next chapter should come out sooner and be at least twice as long. I plan a lot. 

But yea!

Til next time my lil demons!