Chapter 47: Bonfire!!!

Corki: *Starts to wake up after her nap to see her two favorite people laying and cuddling on the couch and smiles at them.* Hi

Connor: *Jumps up a bit but then realized that it was Corki and gets up with Grace.* Hey beautiful *Kissed her head.* How was your nap? How are you feeling?

Corki: It was ok hospital beds aren't that comfortable and I'm feeling a bit better also why didn't you call the nurse to come and take her to nursery for you to get some rest to?

Connor: *Shakes his head.* I wanted her here with me that way I knew she was safe and dad's don't sleep.

Corki: *Smiles shaking her head.* Dad's do sleep Especially new dads. They need their rest as much as new moms do.

Connor: I hear you love I'll rest when we go home later today with her.

Corki: *Nods then remembers.* Oh I have your birthday gift! I almost forgot about it

Connor: *Is confused* Um..Babe what are you talking about? I'm holding my birthday gift. *Gestures to Grace.*

Corki: Well she was a very suprising gift but no. *Hands him his gift as he gently hands Grace to her.*

Connor: *Opens the gift to reveal a #1 dad shirt with Grace's name on it and 2 tickets to his favorite band.* Thank you baby. I love it. *Kisses her and she kisses back.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Transition To The Curtis House.)

*Later that day around noon they were discharged from the hospital. When they got home Connor helped Corki out of the car and then went to get Grace in her carseat out then goes in the house.*

Corki: What's going on? *The lights were off and she turned them on as both sides of their families suprises them with a welcome home party.*

Everyone: *Claps and Cheers as they all hug, kiss and congraulate them on Grace.*

Daisy: *Goes up to them excitedly and hugs them both.* Can I hold Grace please?

Connor: Daisy you're a little too young to hold Grace right now maybe when you both get a bit older

Kylie: *From the door.* What about me? Can I hold and meet my niece?

Connor: *Smiles.* Of course you can sis. *Hugs her.* I'm so glad that your here. Have you heard anything from mom?

Kylie: *Shakes her head as she hugs Corki.* No I haven't but she knows that her grandbaby was born *Says this as her brother gently lays Grace in Kylie's arms.* Hi cutie I'm your auntie Kylie *Starts to gently play with her.*

Corki: *Smiles at her little girl then at Gabe.* Hey Gabe after Kylie would you like to hold Grace?

Gabe: No thanks Sis I'm ok from over here

Antonio: Por que no? (Translation: Why not?)

Gabe: Por favor Abuelo no quiero hablar de eso. (Translation: Please Grandpa I don't want to talk about it.

Christina: Gabe honey you know whatever it is you can talk to us right? We're family

Gabe: Thank you but like I siad I really don't want to talk about it.

Stephen: Listen Gabe I know this is a lot you're baby sister just had a baby but we're all here for you buddy

Christine: My dad is right

Seth: And if there is anyway that we can help we want to.

Grandma Grace: Please talk to us.

Gabe: I really appreate it but I really don't feel like talking.