Chapter 15: Missing You

Ashley's POV:
I sat on the uncomfortable couch staring at my parents with my fingers laced together. When I had first walked in they were happy to see me, engulfing me in huge hug. Their happiness soon turned to confusion and anger. They were all confused on why I left and they were angry that I had left in the first place. I just sat there with a blank expression on my face taking in all their words.

"I can't believe that monster took my baby away. He didn't hurt you did he Ashley?" My mother stressed to me.

"I swear if that blood sucking monstrosity hurt my son, I will go after him and cause him pain." My father seethed.

"You can't hurt him." I finally spoke up lifting my head so I could meet their eyes. "And he didn't hurt me."

"The hell I will Ashley." My father practically growled.

"He's not a monster and you can't hurt him! You can't hurt Andy because he's dead okay! My mate, the one who risked his life to save me and many other, is dead! He's never coming back weather you like it or not!" I shot up from my seat storming up the stairs to my old room. I ignored the pleas from my mother and slammed the door shut.

I bit the inside of my cheek suppressing the screams that wanted to come out. All I could do was collapse on my bed and burry my face in the sheets. I was in physical and emotional pain, nothing would help me be the man I was before. I was strong, but not that strong.

--
The next day I woke up early and headed down to the bar. I resumed my position like nothing ever happened. I just shut everything out beginning to wiping glasses and serve customers.

"I heard about Andy." A British voice pulled me out of my sulking making me look up at the ginger bearded man.

"What would you like to drink." I sighed trying to avoid the conversation.

"Whisky on the rocks. He was my lad back in the day, still is now but it's hard to be close to a dead man." I poured his drink, placing it on a napkin and sliding it to him. "I'm Danny by the way."

"Can you please stop talking about him, I'm trying to do my job."

"I know your upset about him but what you two did for everyone is truly extraordinary. I remember one late night on the town Andy turned to me and said, one day he was going to risk his own life to save the one he loves. Though we laughed about it back then, he's prediction came true. He loved you very much I can tell you that." He downed his drink in one gulp placing money on the table and a silver chain with a locket hanging off the end.

"Wait Danny what's this for!" I called after him as he began to walk out the doors.

"It was his! He would want you to have it!" And with that he disappeared leaving me with Andy's necklace dangling through my fingers.

Without hesitation I clasped it around my neck and continued to work. Danny puzzled me but I didn't question the vampire any further. It was no use to get answers out of someone who only knew so much. Even with Andy's passing I was still learning things about him.

Crystal was helping me close up tonight giving me short side glances. I didn't pay attention while I placed the chairs on top of the table and sweep the floors. It was a little irritating after a while but I just grew used to it.

"You really loved him didn't you?" She asked breaking the silence.

"When he died it felt like someone ripping my heart out of my chest and tearing it up into little pieces."

"When I went into town today, I read an article about you and how we were all wrong about vampires."

"He's not a monster, none of them are monsters. It was the damn council the caused everyone to spew hatred about their kind."

"How did he die?" She asked.

"His brother pierced is heart with his sword. God I was so mad and upset that I shoved my sword into his back straight through his heart."

She gasped covering her mouth with her hands. She nodded her head letting me continue.

"I pulled him into my lap and cradled his body close to my chest. I knew he was dying but I still told him to hold on. That was really the first time I had saw him cry since we meet. I ran my fingers through his hair telling him that I loved him. His last words were I love you, then he closed his eyes and I was left there crying and screaming for him to come back." I wiped the stray tears that had rolled down my cheek letting out a breath of air.

"Ashley I'm so so sorry." She hugged me rubbing my back soothingly. "It's going to be okay I promise.

"It will never be okay Crystal, he's gone and I have nothing left to live for." I pulled away from the hug, kissing the top of her head before walking back up the stairs and to my room.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀
Another chapter from yours truly. Pore Ashley dose the have his Andy anymore. Next chapter should be out soon for you guys. Have a wonderful day.
Vote, Comment, Share! :D