02 | Soap?

Chapter Two

"I got it from a rare book dealer in Germany," Mason babbled, skimming each page of a giant book, and flipping through them quickly. "It cost me two-hundred bucks, but it was totally worth it."

I haven't really been focusing on what he was talking about. I do however, know that it has to do with his encounter with a berserker in the school basement a while back. I've been thinking about that Theo kid. He seems really sketchy, and I honestly don't think we should trust him.

"You still reading about this stuff?" Liam asked, holding my hand as we walked to class.

"I was attacked by a giant wearing a bear skull. It left an impression. Look- look, have you seen anything like this?" Mason questioned as he pointed to a drawing of a berserker.

"Uhh, no never," Liam told him.

"What about you Liz?" Mason asked, desperately.

"No, no, of course not," I lied while moving closer to the classroom, raising my eyebrows at Liam, as they follow right behind me.

"And there's this whole section about the Nagual. Have you ever heard the name of tezc..tetzcat-" Mason gets cut off by Liam.

"Tezcatilpoca," Liam corrected trying to help him, "And no, no I've never heard of it."

Liam walked into the classroom, as I stood in the doorway with Mason looking at me. "Hey don't look at me like that, I told you I don't know." I hissed, scurrying off to my seat, which happened to be in front of where Liam was standing.

"Take your seats everyone." Mr Yukimura spoke up.

I turn around to see that Liam is hesitant about sitting down, and I assume it has to do with the girl chewing her gum obnoxiously loud. "Great," Liam commented.

Liam looked around for another seat, he clearly didn't want to sit next to this girl. "Liam, just sit down." I whispered.

"Liam," Mr. Yukimura called out. "You're not just gonna stand there, are you?"

"Maybe," he said, nodding.

"The whole semester?"

"Maybe." he repeated, this time with more confidence.

"Liam, have a seat." Mr. Yukimura said, with a slightly annoyed tone.

Liam placed his books on the desk and sighed. He slipped off his backpack and placed it on the ground. When he sat down he looked at his chair and saw that he sat in gum. The girl, Hayden, was smirking. However, Liam and I just shot her a pointed look.

Liam, now changed into gym shorts, was walking to his locker with Mason and I, "But people around us seem to know things, like Lydia. She knows things." Mason explained.

I had my arm looped around Liam's, "Dude it's the first day of school, okay? Shouldn't you be thinking about other things, like- like soccer team." Liam said, gesturing to the soccer team that just passed.

I released my grip from his arm, and began comfortably leaning against the locker next to his, watching the soccer team walk by.

"What do you think I'm gonna do? Follow them out to the field and watch them practice while I pretend to study?" Mason scoffed, while Liam slightly nodded.

"It's warm out," Liam teased, "Probably gonna be shirtless.."

"Huh, if that's the case maybe I should watch them practice.." I smirked, watching them walk by.