20 | The Beast Of Gevaudan

Chapter Twenty

Marie-Jeanne Valet.

I've heard that name before...

In the Beastiary.

A while ago, after Scott was recently turned into a werewolf, Allison was looking through a book about her family, and she found information on The Beast. We obviously had too much going on at the time, so we didn't think much of the entire story of The Beast, but Marie-Jeanne Valet is her ancestor. She was also known as the Maid of Gevaudan. That explains why her and Allison look nearly identical..

This woman was the only one to successfully kill The Beast.

"Shall we get started on the search for your sister?" Marie-Jeanne asked,

"Yeah- um, yeah." I hesitantly nodded, not able to take my eyes off of her. She was just as beautiful as Allison, and they could've been twins. I don't know where the similarities end,

"Would your sister be upset if she found out that you wandered the woods knowing that there is a beast walking about?" she asked, as we slowly walked through the snowy forest.

"Probably. She was always very protective of me..." I trailed off, as she continued looking straight ahead.

"Uhm, Marie-Jeanne, I'm going to be completely honest with you...I don't know where I am." I blurted,

"I am not sure I understand," she looked at me with confusion, as I stopped walking.

"I don't know how I got here, I don't know why I'm dressed like an old woman, and I seriously don't know where the hell this is." I swatted my arms around, motioning to our surroundings.

"It is okay, you probably just hit your head. But don't worry, we will find your sister and you will get better." she assured,

"Don't you get it? My 'sister' is gone. She's been gone for a while now, and right now, all I want to do is go home." I shouted.

"Are you sure?" she looked at me with narrowed eyes,

"Yes, I'm sure. All I want to do is sleep in my bed, and have Aunt Carol scold me for not telling her where I am-" I started, but before I could finish, she was gone. To be more precise, everything was gone.

I panted as I shot upright on what I now realize is a teacher's desk. I immediately looked down at my clothes, seeing a bloody and dirty lacrosse uniform.

"Elizabeth," Liam breathed, holding my face as I sat completely still with wide-eyes.

"Hey, Liz...you're okay," he reassured through a small smile as I turned to my right.

I looked at Stiles curiously, as I heard screams throughout the school.

"What's happening out there?" I monotoned, pointing to the door. I didn't feel like myself. It was almost as if my subconscious was being controlled.

"The Beast- it chased everyone into the school.." Stiles spoke, with a hand behind his head.

My head turned to face him, "How long was I out for."

"Twenty, almost thirty minutes.." Stiles skeptically admitted.

"Liz, if anything had happened to you, I would've gone insane." Liam breathed.

"How did I get there." I whispered, looking back to the door.

Stiles and Liam exchanged a questionable look. "Uh- what?" Stiles eyes widened.