05 | She's A Chimera

Chapter Five

I am currently being dragged throughout Sinema, looking for Hayden. Apparently Liam was serious when he said that he would pay her two-hundred dollars for those broken bottles.

"Look! There she is!" I joy, pointing towards Hayden.

We start shoving through the crowd until we finally catch up to her.

"Forty-three dollars." Liam proudly speaks, panting and holding out his money.

"I said I don't want your money," Hayden argues, staring at us.

"No, you said I owe you two-hundred." he corrects her.

"He's not wrong." I pipe up, and she sighs.

"Alright. Just forget it, I don't need-" she starts, but is cut off when the lights go out.

Everyone started screaming and whistling as we followed Hayden to the back.

Liam starts calling her name until she turns around,

"I gotta be honest Liam, if you're trying to be a good guy. I really don't care." Hayden complains, messing with some electrical stuff.

"I'm just trying to make up for the sixth grade." Liam clarifies,

"Nothing will make up for the sixth grade." she bickers, pulling a lever.

"Okay, what the hell happened in sixth grade?" I chime in, earning a look from the two of them.

Hayden finally gets the lever down after struggling with it, and the lights come on.

"You wanna keep hating me? Go for it, but you said I owe you two-hundred. So here's forty-three more." Liam finishes, handing her the money.

After she takes the money Liam walks away, and I just stand there staring at her.

"Look, I don't know what happened between the two of you, but you guys need to get over it. Whatever it is, I guarantee you holding a grudge isn't worth it." I reassure her, lightly smiling before backing up and chasing after Liam.

Now, I'm sitting on the bleachers with Brett and Mason as we watch Liam practice lacrosse. I smile at him when he shoots me a nod.

"I don't know dude. Everyone at Devonford is pretty abnormal to me." Brett says, talking to Mason.

They were talking about more supernatural stuff, but I just wasn't interested in listening to it. So, I continued sketching something in my notebook. I'm not sure what it is though. It looks like a girl, with curly hair. It looks like Hayden. But I don't know why I would draw her.

"Alright well, what else is there to look for?" Mason pipes up,

"There's height and strength, smell, hearing, speed-" Mason continues, listing them off as he counts on his fingers.

"Able to see in the dark," Brett adds.

"Glowing eyes." Mason continues,

"Eyes that reflect the light." Brett finishes.

"Visible scorpion stingers, protruding out of limbs." Mason adds,

"Yeah, or three foot lizard tails." Brett concludes, as Mason laughs.

I look up from my notebook, to see Liam throw a ball with full power. He has a great arm, but he missed the goal completely. I give him a thumbs up and a weak smile, which he returns.