18 | Coach Finstock Returns

Chapter Eighteen

"He's headed to the school," Scott breathed, quickly skimming the message on his phone.

Liam, Scott, Stiles, and I were in the jeep chasing down Parrish.

I only decided to come because it was either this, or game-night with Aunt Carol.

Trust me, I'd rather find a hellhound.

"Why's Parrish going to the school?" Liam spoke up, leaning over Scott's shoulder.

"It's not Parrish...at least not right now." I muttered, leaning forward next to Liam.

"Okay, well- why's the hellhound going to the school?" he questioned,

I rolled my eyes, leaning back in my seat.

"Cause he's got a yearning for higher education..." Stiles spat, "Liam, hellhound's at the school, so, we're going to the school. Okay?"

I snorted, causing Liam to glare back at me. I put my hands up in surrender before Stiles accelerated on the gear-shift, picking up speed.

The brakes on the jeep squeaked as we slowly pulled up to the high school, and piled out of the car. I followed Scott, and Liam followed me. We quietly looked around for a second before a loud car door sounded from behind us, and we all turned around.

"Sorry," Liam whispered, as we stared back at him.

Scott shook his head, continuing onward. Stiles and I exchanged a look before following Scott, with Liam by my side. We walked under the awnings around the school, where we met up with Chris Argent.

"Where's Parrish?" Scott quietly asked,

"I lost him," Chris sighed, "He's moving too fast."

I bit my lip as I turned to Liam, who was intently looking down another path. "Scott..." he cautioned, allowing everyone's attention to focus on him.

"That guy's not moving at all." he finished. I stared down the path, where a body was lying in a large puddle.

I started walking towards it, and everyone followed. Liam instinctively grabbed my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze.

We stopped right in front of it.

Blood was covering a majority of his body, along with several slices. The main issue, however, was that the person's entire chest was ripped out. We cautiously stepped over the body, continuing down the path, where another body had the same damage done.

"Look," Liam whispered, as we all stopped in our place.

The back of a school bus was torn open, and a bunch bodies remained inside.

Scott's face dropped, as did everyone else's, as we stared at the mess in front of us.

I inspected the bodies from where we stood...all of them were ripped open.

My mouth fell open though, when a head began to move inside.

"Help...me.." the boy wearily spoke, and I immediately grabbed Scott's arm, stopping him from stepping forward.

He looked down at me,

"It's a trap." a deeply familiar voice announced, before Parrish came from around the corner in his Hellhound form.

"Please..." the boy on the bus wheezed, and Scott went to move again.

"You can't help him." the Hellhound looked back at us, before the boy's neck snapped, and his body was thrown from the bus.