06 | Green Eyes

Chapter Six

"Hayden wait!" Liam was calling after her as we rushed out of the club.

"Asking me to close my eyes was weird. Sticking a glow-stick in my face, even weirder. But werewolves and dead doctors?"

"Dread doctors." I correct,

"Whatever. Get away from me." she hisses, unlocking her car.

"What- What if I could prove it to you?" Liam desperately offers.

"Prove what?" she argues,

"This." he announces.

"Liam, maybe you shouldn't-" I start, but I'm cut off by a growl and his eyes glowing yellow.

Hayden screams, punches Liam in the nose, and drives away.

"I probably shouldn't be laughing, but I am." I smile at Liam as he groans on the ground.

I continue smiling as he gets up slowly, "So, what now?"

"We have to follow her. We have to explain everything." he wipes blood from his nose.

"Well, I can't take my car without Aunt Carol knowing, so I guess I have no choice." I sigh.

After painfully chasing after Hayden's car, and nearly getting attacked by the dread doctors, we've finally made it to Scott's bedroom. Hayden immediately locked herself in the bathroom.

"Hayden, it's Scott. I know that you're scared but we- we just wanna help." Scott offers, knocking on the bathroom door.

"I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out, what happened?" he asks.

Liam and I exchange looks,

"She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." I explain, concerned.

"Why?" Stiles asks, narrowing his eyes.

"I don't know," I breathe.

"She's definitely a chimera?" Scott questions, looking at Liam.

"She said she heard a voice saying, 'Your condition improves.'" Liam clarifies,

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles mutters, walking up to the bathroom door.

I hear Stiles knock and then begin talking, but I can't hear him.

I start hearing the loud pounding again,

"Liz, are you okay?" Scott asks.

I remove my hands from my ears,

"Yeah. Perfectly fine." I gulp, faking a smile.

He looks at me skeptically, opening his mouth to talk. He gets cut off when the bathroom door opens,

"I believe you." Hayden quietly speaks, breathing heavily with yellow eyes.

I'm currently sitting on a bench in the locker room. I keep going through the 'plan' in my head, it just doesn't make sense to me. None of this does.

"Is it me, or is Liam not aware of the second part of the plan." Lydia whispers.

"I'm still not sure if there's gunna be a second part." Scott replies.