24 | Denouement

Chapter Twenty-Four

"So, you're alive...I'm taking that as a sign that Theo's out of our lives?" I smirked, as I limped over to the table in the library that Stiles and Lydia were seated at.

"Wha- aren't you supposed to be in the hospital?" Stiles spoke up, immediately standing and pulling out a chair for me.

"Yes. But I've never officially missed a day of school in my life, and I'm not going to start now.." I clarified, hanging my backpack on my chair, as Stiles sat down.

"What about the time we went to Mexico to save Derek?" he asked,

"Or that time you guys went to Mexico to save Scott and Kira?" Lydia added.

"And the time you, Scott, and I went to Mexico to get Kira back from the skinwalkers?" Stiles continued, causing me to groan.

"Okay...I get it. We go to Mexico a lot, and I don't have a perfect attendance record, but from now on, I will at least try to." I smiled, opening my algebra textbook.

"Wait- how did you recover that fast?" Lydia announced, causing me to look up from my book.

"I may or may not have received help from Deaton." I replied,

"And what did your Aunt have to say about you almost having your lungs ripped out?" Stiles badgered, causing me to smile.

"She definitely knows more than we thought."

Stiles face remained confused until he finally put it together. "You mean..she knows about-"

"Yep. And apparently she's known the entire time. The Shields' name is one of the strongest witch families in history.." I nodded as I spoke in a spooky tone.

"Seriously?" Stiles rose his eyebrows in awe,

"No." I bluntly admitted. "But she has known the entire time. My mother was a witch, and so is Aunt Carol. I guess she was just waiting for me to figure out that I was too.." I looked back down at my book, smiling.

"What the hell happened to you?" Aunt Carol's voice erupted as she barged into my hospital room.

"I'm fine.." I whined, as she immediately wrapped me in a giant hug. "Ow,"

"Sorry...wait- no. I am not sorry. Where the hell were you young lady? And why do you look like you just fought with a grizzly bear over who gets the last drop of honey?" she badgered,

My face fell, and I looked to Liam, who sat next to the bed. "Good luck, Liz.." he smiled at me, standing up and going to leave the room. "Nice to see you Carol." he muttered, as she shot him a glare.

She closed the door behind him after he left and raced over to my bed.

"Was it the Raeken kid, or the Beast? Because if it was that kid, I can assure you I'm going to-"

"What?" my face dropped, and no expression remained.

She paused for a moment, "Do you honestly think I don't know about what goes on in your life? You think I'd let you stay out 'til midnight every night without texting me, if I didn't know what was happening?" she questioned, sitting on the edge of my hospital bed.

"Well...I just-"

"Elizabeth, you're a witch. Scott McCall is a werewolf, Lydia Martin is a banshee, Malia is a were-coyote...thing, and your boyfriend is a werewolf. I'm still not sure about Stilinski though.." she rambled,

"Stiles isn't anything.." I muttered, still in shock that she knows everything. "How exactly, do you know this?"

She smiled at me before turning to the side. She aimed her hand at the door, and slowly moved it, causing the door to open at her pace.

"You're a.."

"What, you thought you were the only one in the family?" she joked, causing me to laugh through my shock. "In our family, we let each generation figure it out for themselves. Usually once they do, we guide them along the way...but you were never home, and when you were, you always lied about what you were doing. So, I figured not helping you would teach you a lesson." she explained,

"But I now realize that was a horrible mistake. Melissa said your stomach was torn open, and if Liam had waited a few more minutes to bring you here-" she trailed off as her eyes watered. She looked up, wiping some tears as she sniffled. "I just can't lose you, Elizabeth."

I looked at her with sad eyes, "I get it. You could never live without me,"

She playfully shoved my arm, and I let out a fake hiss in pain. "Oh- I'm sorry sweetie I-"

A smile grew on my face, before she let out a laugh and began smiling.

I know, my Aunt should've told me everything sooner. But I think she had a good reason not to. I mean, I did go to Mexico three times, and lie to her about going... but if there's anything I've learned about my Aunt so far, it's that you could literally be on your death bed, and she'd still find a way to be upset with you. She could even find a way to be upset with herself.

However, as I sit in the grass, on the same spot that Scott and Stiles parked Roscoe on the day before the first day of their senior year, I realize that if everyone forgave each other, there would be no reason to continue living. If nobody ever fought, you would have to think...do they really love that person? Arguments are what show that we care. That may not be the case with some families, but it is for mine. My messed up, extremely blended family of friends, has shown me that even though we fight sometimes, we're stronger when we're together. And even though we're stronger when we're together, that doesn't mean we won't have our weak times too.

"Hey, Liz.." Liam nudged me, as I relaxed in his arms, looking over Beacon Hills.

"Yeah?" I smiled at him,

"I love you." he stared into my eyes.

"I love you too."

Liz and Liam being cuties in the gif...

Song for the final chapter! It's "Great Escape" by Jasmine Thompson. I listened to it with headphones on, and it immediately fit the final chapter of this book. TeenWolf usually uses somewhat upbeat songs in their final episodes, compared to other shows, which I absolutely love.

I was so tempted to kill Liz off in the last chapter, but nah. I know this is only 1093 words, but it's basically an epilogue..so shut up.

Wow. This book is over.

This was one of my favorite seasons of TeenWolf. It had so much action, too many villains to keep track of, always an intriguing plot, and was overall one of the best. Honestly though, even though I've seen season 1 so many times, it's definitely still a favorite too. The effects were cheesy bad in season 1, but the comedy and characters were so cute. However, characters have progressed SO much since season 1 episode 1, I can't even begin to explain it. Right now, it feels like my babies have graduated high school, and they literally have.

I will probably see ya'll again with a Season 6 book. While you wait, feel free to read the prequel if you haven't already. Also, my Vampire Diaries book...if you're into that...and you can also expect a Kol Mikaelson story, coming eventually, following The Originals. Gotta get those plugins for my other books, lol.

Until season six, goodbye :)