Unnormalizing Greed

Greed the deepest shade of green. 

Where there is money, greed is close behind. 

Where there is power, greed is whispering.

And where there is love, greed is involved.

When we think of greed, we think of a person lusting after money, even a person in power such as a CEO or even the president. But that's has far as our minds go with greed, we don't stop and think about the other forms greed disguises itself as. 

But take it from these ladies that greed comes in many shades...

Ashley:

When I was a teenager, I dated this really toxic guy, he said all the right words and did all the right things until about the third month of us dating. Then like a light switch, he changed. Everything had to be about him. It got to a point where he didn't even want to text me good morning because he didn't see how it was fair for him to always say it, even though he got up before I did. He would spend all of his time with his friends and when I would complain that I missed him and wanted more time with him, he would get angry and gaslight me into thinking I was being selfish and controlling. 

Ruby:

I have a spending problem, when I get money, I feel like I have to run out and spend it all. Greed is ruining my life.

Rachel:

Looking back on past relationships I realize I was very greedy. I would demand to have my partners attention twenty-four-seven. Including having them on the phone with me all night long, texting constantly, and just being toxic. I always wanted to know where they were and if they weren't where they said they were going to be, I got really angry. I realize now, years later, that I messed up a lot and it's just as much my fault as it is theirs that the relationships did not work out. Greed destroyed most of my romantic relationships.

Take it from these ladies that greed is in many forms and isn't something to ignore. If you are feeling greedy in any form of life, I encourage you to seek out God and pray for Him to show you ways to humble yourself.

Join us next week where we will be 'Unnormalizing Sloth'