Ch. 35: Good News

Lucifer made back to the hospital as fast as he possibly could, which is VERY fast when determined and mixed with his wings. He opened the door to Charlie's room and saw her standing by the window.

"Charlie.,You're.-you're awake!" Lucifer said, happy and crying tears of joy.

Still facing the mirror, Charlie's reflection had a smile but not the usual smile she always wore.

It was a SAD smile.

"Yeah...I'm awake." Charlie said sadly, sniffling.

"Charlie? Is-Is something wrong?" Lucifer asked in worry.

"When-when I was sleeping, I heard... a voice and I... it told me something." Charlie said, slowly moving a hand to her stomach. "Something the nurses had confirmed when I woke up. Back when I was stabbed by Vox,...I...I...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...I was pregnant."

Lucifer gasped, dropping his cane and rushing to hold Charlie close after realizing what that meant. The princess held him back tightly as she lost her smile and began crying.

"Charlie... I'm-I'm so sorry." Lucifer said, now crying tears of sorrow. "I wish I could... what do you mean you heard a voice?"

"I... I heard a voice when I was floating in the darkness, it told me to tell Samael and he would fix everything... I don't know who that is." Charlie said.

'Oh you old bastard.' Lucifer thought, wiping away his tears.

"Charlie, you lay down for a bit... I'm going to call an old friend." Lucifer said, moving back. lI'll be right back."

'Even in death, you still manage to fuck with me, dad.' Lucifer thought, loving yet also hating his father right now.

Charlie nodded as she sat back on her hospital bed, putting a hand on her stomach and crying once more from her lost child.

"Can you call Vaggie and Emily too?" She asked.

"I will." He replied.

Lucifer walked out of the room and gently shut the door behind him, quickly pulling out his phone and texting Vaggie and Emily.

'Charlie is awake. Needs you both now, hurry!' -Lucifer.

The king then made his way down the hall before making his call to his "old friend."

The only one that would know how to handle something like this... Sera.

"Hopefully Hellphones can reach Heavenphones." Lucifer muttered.

A few moments pasted before Lucifer heard someone pick up.

"Hello? Who is this and how did you get this number?" Sera asked through the phone.

"Calm down, Sera. It's me." Lucifer said.

"Lucifer?" Sera said in surprise. "How did you-"

"Cut the small talk, I need you to tell me something." Lucifer stated.

"Okay, a little rude, but what exactly do you wish to know?" Sera asked him.

"How did Father and... ugh... my other 'brother' Jesus, bring people back to life?" Lucifer asked, "Surely someone so close to my father should know."

"Well, you are an Archangel." Sera replied.

'And technically your boss again.' Lucifer thought bemused.

"So you theoretically could perform the same power." Sera said, rubbing her chin. "Though, I don't know if you could do such a feat since your angelic power may not be strong enough-"

"Yeah, I get I'm a "weak" angel but dangerous demon, how did they do it?" Lucifer asked, getting impatient.

Sera let out a sigh as she massaged the temple above her nose.

"They simply thought of the person and turned back the clock on them like you winding a watch." Sera said.

Lucifer nodded, of course it would be so simple, and yet Father refused to tell anyone how it was done.

"Thank you." Lucifer said, hanging up before quickly calling someone else, "Hey, Mikey, got a favor to ask, how would you like to meet your niece?"