Ch. 24: She-Devil's Luck

It wasn't long before Emily arrived back at the Pride Ring, as much as she didn't want to leave the Gluttony Ring, her sister and dad were here. They were more important than partying. She told Bee she was fine walking back to the Hotel once they got back to the Pride Ring, she was strong enough, and since everyone knew she was Lucifer's daughter, no one would even think of messing with her.

Well, ALMOST nobody would even think of messing with her.

As she walked, demons moved out of the way. Not wanting to mess with her, except one. She walked down an alleyway, as that would help her get to the Hazbin Hotel faster.

'Now!' Vox thought, watching Emily enter from a city camera! 'You're mine, little angel!'

He teleported in front of her with a "charming" smile.

"Hello there." Vox said, tipping his hat to her. "I hear you're the new princess. You've been the talk of the ring for quite some time."

Emily jumped a bit from his sudden appearance as she looked him over.

'Black suit, tv for a head, and red glowing eyes.' Emily thought before looking firm.

"And I suppose YOU must be one of the Vees that Charlie told me about?" Emily asked, straightening her vest. "Vox, right?"

"Indeed, I'm sorry for my associates behavior before." Vox said, "Please, allow me to make up for it."

Vox handed Emily a special device.

"Brand new, straight from Vox tech, not even on the market yet." Vox said.

"Brand new, huh? Thanks but I already have a Hellphone." Emily said, handing the device back to Vox.

"Oh, but those old models are so outdated, this one is up to date, with all the apps needed for a princess, and hotel manager." Vox said, denying the take back.

'I'm not even the manager, Vaggie is, but let's see how long I can drag this on before you snap.' Emily thought.

"I'm more of the assistant manager, I mostly deal with paperwork. Charlie is the one that is the one that deals with things like bookings and guests." Emily said.

"Really? I thought she left all the work to you and her girlfriend." Vox said.

"Oh no. Charlie is absolutely passionate about the hotel. Even the smallest activity planned, she puts her entire heart into it." Emily said, placing a hand in her chest. "I just do all the paperwork, because I love paperwork."

"Paperwork? That's it?" Vox asked, finding the thought of paperwork SO BORING!

"I like what I like." Emily said, shrugging. "And that's why I have to decline this new phone. Sorry."

Emily placed the phone back into Vox's hand before walking around him to leave, only for Vox to appear in front of her again.

"Now now, I don't see why we have to end this conversation." Vox said.

"I just got back from a 6 week trip to Gluttony to hang out with my aunt, I want to get back to the hotel and rest from the endless partying." Emily said.

"Aunt? Party? You?" Vox asked, not believing it.

"Yeah, Aunt Beelzebub is the 'Prince of Gluttony' or as she calls it, 'The Queen Bee of Gluttony'. She throughs parties all the time." Emily said, grinning to show her teeth. "Now if you don't mind, I, Princess Emily MORNINGSTAR, would like to get HOME."

Emily's eyes started to glow red and her teeth were sharp. Her nubs came and grew into 4 inch horns on her head. She tilted her head and made her smile wider as Vox was getting flashbacks to a certain radio demon.

'She's getting stronger everyday. I need to do this now!' Vox thought, a little creeped out but refused to back down.

Though he was getting a bit annoyed by Emily's newfound confidence and superiority. Emily watched as he clenched his fists, making her chuckle internally.

"I am trying to be nice here." Vox said, still "friendly."

"And I'm not, so why don't you move fuckwit?" Emily asked, crossing her arms, "Or do I have to move you myself?"

Vox growled, his patience at its end.

"I... am trying to be nice, so why don't you just calm down and just... look closely at the phone? I think you'll really like it." Vox said, showing Emily the phone.

Emily rolled her eyes but looked at it. She saw a red and black hypnosis circle. Vox smirked as it started to work.

"This was easier than I thought." Vox said, "Now, why don't-"

Vox was cut off as a red microphone slammed into his screen, making him glitch out a bit. He fell to the ground and growled in anger before Alastor slammed the base of his staff in front of Vox.

"You are less than a hundred yards from the Hazbin Hotel, where Lucifer and Charlotte are awaiting dear Emily's return." Alastor said, smiling at Vox. "Now, old friend, do you have a death wish? Because while I have my issues with Lucifer... even I don't wish to fight him."

Vox glared at Alastor, and wanted nothing more than to rip that fuckers head off, but do to his screen/face being cracked, he didn't have the ability to fight. Thankfully Alastor's staff wasn't made out of angelic steel or else the damage would be irreplaceable.

"This isn't over!" Vox said, before jumping into a camera nearby and rushing away.

Alastor turned back to Emily.

"Surely you wouldn't truly fall for his tricks." Alastor said, "What were you planning?"

Emily smirked as she undid her horns, sharp teeth, and red eyes.

"I knew you were following me since I stepped foot in the Pride Ring, it's why I told Aunt Bee that I would be fine." Emily said, "I was just messing with him because I knew you would be there in case something happened."

Alastor let out a deep laugh, wiping a tear away.

"You my dear are just delightful!" He said, patting her head, "Now, I believe someone needs some rest after that long of a journey."

Alastor offered his arm to her, and Emily took it. The two walked back to the Hazbin Hotel, with Emily telling him about her trip. He listened with pure interest. Alastor was truly a different person around Emily... he doesn't care about a lot of things, but her safety is near the top of the list.