Ch. 40: Preparations

It had been several weeks, and Emily was getting the final touches done for the wedding... and drinking enough to give a whale alcohol poisoning... yeah, she was stressed.

"Niftty, how's the foyer looking?" Emily asked before putting her cigarette back into her mouth with the hand that's holding the clipboard, while her other hand held a bottle of beer.

"Clean as a whistle! The floors are so clean and shiny, you could eat off them! WHICH YOU WON'T!" Niffty shouted to nobody in general.

"Great! Keep it up and you'll get a raise." Emily said to her, finishing her bottle of beer

Niffty saluted before taking the bottle and rushing off, leaving Emily to go to the next person.

"Sir Pentious, how is the security detail?" Emily asked, checking off cleaning from her clipboard.

Pentious came over with a security uniform, ear piece and sunglasses and all.

"All corners are cover with special security cameras loaded with non lethal tranquilizer darts for any uninvited guests OR anyone that objects to the wedding!" He said with a salute.

Emily checked that off.

"Perfect!" She said before she walked towards the bar, where Husk was busy experimenting with drinks for the wedding. "Husk, how is our drink situation?"

"Try this and you tell me." Husk said, shaking a cocktail shaker and pouring it into a glass before handing it to her.

Emily drank it all at once and smiled.

"Perfect!" She said. "Why is it?"

"I call it "Hell's Paradise." It's got Beelzejuice, lime juice, Bacardi Rum, and a dash of rock salt." Husk said with a grin.

"Make more for the wedding and make me another one, please." Emily said, holding her glass out.

"Heh, alright, Princess." Husk said, with a grin. "You're the boss."

Emily smiled as she watched Husk make another "Hell's Paradise", pouring it into her glass and drinking it slower than before.

"Aaaaah. I love a good drink and a smoke." Emily said, holding her cigarette in her hand now.

You would never have known she was an angel if you didn't know her.

'Now who's next to check on?' Emily thought as she looked at her clipboard.

-Angel Dust-

-Alastor-

"Better check on Angel." Emily said.

She didn't want to know what Alastor was working on at the moment.

"Husk, do you know where Angel is?" Emily asked him.

"He should be in his room." Husk answered.

Emily nodded as she made her way to Angel's room, using her wings to fly up there instead of taking the steps.

'Next item of business after the wedding, installing an elevator in the hotel.' Emily thought.

That was one thing she wishes Charlie thought of, not everyone is as energetic as her and it can be very hard to get up all these damn stairs.

Reaching his room, Emily knocked on Angel's door and waited for him to answer. Which he did a few moments later.

"What's up, Em?" Angel asked, wearing a tank top and shorts while holding two outfits.

One of them a dress while the other was a suit.

"Just wanted to know how you're doing." Emily said.

"Good but I can't decide what to wear to the wedding! A sexy suit or an alurring dress!" Angel said, motioning to the garments in his extra arms. "This is the worst thing about being drop dead sexy! You can't decide what you look best in!"