Ch. 3: Everything Crumbles

Vaggie showed Emily the room. It was close to her and Charlie's room... not that they were sharing it at the moment... but that's besides the point.

"Here you go." Vaggie said, giving Emily her key. "It's one of the nicer rooms, in my opinion."

Emily walked in and looked around, entranced and amazed by the Victorian style and dark colors. The hotel was far from being fully refurbished but it was enough to make Emily feel comfortable in her time of need.

"It's perfect." Emily said.

Emily walked over to the window, never actually seeing Hell before, and wanted to get a view of the pride ring. It was... very red. Emily looked up and saw the pristine white planet... Heaven. She suddenly felt sad again... which was then replaced by anger and shut the curtains.

"Hey, as someone that has spent around a decade down here... it does get better." Vaggie said, "You just have to find the right people."

"How can I do that if I don't know anyone here?"

"That's not true. You know me, you know Charlie." Vaggie said, "Things will get better, it just... takes time."

"How much time?" Emily asked.

"I don't know, it could take longer for you than me since I was basically left for dead." Vaggie said with a shrug. "But if you ever need someone to talk you, I'm right across the hall."

Emily sat on the bed.

"Thank you." Emily said, not looking up from the floor.

Vaggie nodded as she left the room, leaving Emily in her room alone. The former seraphim was silent, letting the alarm clock ticking fill the silence.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK.

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

TICK!

"Grrr. Nnnnnnn!" Emily grunts, trying to stop the flood of emotions from spilling until they burst out! "AAAAAAAAAAAHUHUHUHUHUHU! HUUUUUUUH!"

Her tearful screams filled the room as she slammed down in her bed, doing her best to silent her screams with the pillow.

'WHY, SERA?! WHY?!' She thought, thinking of the woman that was supposed to protect and love her.

But all she could think of Sera a new slew of emotions.

The betrayal, the lies, the... hatred... she felt towards her sister... it was like nothing she's felt before. She held up her hands and a small fireball formed. She looked at it.

"I was an angel... we're supposed to help guide souls... why do I have to be punished for doing what we should do?" Emily asked as she stared at the fire.

She closed her fist and extinguished the fire. She laid down in bed and held her knees to her chest.

"If angels don't make mistakes... then why do I exist?"

Emily continued to cry uncontrollably, and little did she know, Vaggie was listening outside.

"It will be okay, Emily... I promise." She whispered, before going to her own room.