Ch. 8: Delivey Trouble

A couple days later, Vaggie was doing some work and speaking with Emily. Behind her, Charlie was walking up. Charlie licked her hand and gave Vaggie a hard smack to her ass, making her jump a bit.

"Charlie, not in front of Emily!" Vaggie said, smiling and blushing a bit.

"Sorry, but I just love you so much that I can't help but show it." Charlie said.

Ever since they rekindled their love, it was stronger than ever. Vaggie just smirked and shook her head a bit.

"What can I do for you?" Vaggie asked.

"I need these to be taken to the post office." Charlie said, holding several envelopes.

"Oh, I can do it!" Emily said.

"Uh... are you sure?" Charlie asked, "You... really haven't been out of the hotel before."

"It'll be fine, I have to go out at some point." Emily said, "Better sooner than later. Besides, I've been studying the map of the city, I know where it is."

Charlie and Vaggie glanced at each other, hesitant about this but both having faith that Emily could handle with without getting hurt...hopefully.

"Well, we might want to make you look a bit more like a demon if you're going to go out." Vaggie said, "Can you uh... Charlie show her the thing."

"The thing?" Charlie asked, "Oh, THAT thing. I thought you were talking about the other thing. Angel borrowed that."

Charlie grew her horns and her teeth got sharp.

"Ummm, okay?" Emily said in confusion.

"We mean your demonic features. Focus on pushing them out. Don't worry, just be calm and this will only hurt for a second." Charlie said, retracting her teeth and horns.

Emily tried and... two horn numbs popped out of her head.

"Good enough." Vaggie said, "Can you... I know they're still recovering but can you put your wings away?"

"Pull in my wings?" Emily said, looking at her wings. "I never really tried to do that before."

"It's easy." Vaggie said, "Just focus and think about them retracting."

Emily closed her eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on her wings and trying to pull them into her body.

It was... hard... and a bit painful, but she did it.

"Okay, that better?" Emily asked, her back now wing free. "How do I look?"

"Demonic. And that's a good thing." Charlie said with a thumbs up. "You look no different than a sinner. You'll blend right in."

They were still worried about letting her out on her own, but she is an angel, which means she can't really be killed.

"Just... be safe." Charlie said, handing Emily the envelopes.

"And if you need to, don't be afraid to use your fire magic." Vaggie added.

"Okay but...I hope I don't need to." Emily said, still hesitant about using her "new magic."

Emily was off, her first outing in hell.

With the letters in her jacket pocket and the map of the city district in hand just in case, Emily walked away from the hotel and headed off to the post office.

'I can do this. I can do this.' Emily thought.

She took in the sights of Hell, the red sky, the warm air, the... overpowering smell of blood on the street... this would take a long time to get used to... but she has all eternity to get used to it.

'Get used to it?' Emily thought in surprise, stopping mid walk. 'Am I...really giving up on going back to heaven?'

She then remembered how Heaven wouldn't listen and rather just kill others. She clenched her fists at the thought of it, about the exterminations... about Sera. Emily was pretty sure she'd never be able to fly again because of Sera, she'd never see her home again, she'd... Emily stopped and took a deep breath to calm down.

"Focus, if you don't do this, then you'll fail Charlie, and I refuse to let that happen." She said to herself.

With renewed determination, Emily continued forward and nothing would stop her...not even when certain sinner were eyeing her as she crossed their paths.

She just kept going... not wanting to get deterred from her mission.

'Just keep walking, don't look at them.' Emily thought to herself.

She suddenly was stopped by a sinner.

"Hi, there little lady... you lost?" He asked.

"N-n-no, I'm... I know where I'm going." Emily said, as the sinner forced her into an alley, "I... I'm in a bit of a hurry, so... if you could just move that would be great."

A couple more sinners came from behind Emily and prevented her from moving more. The first sinner smirked as Emily began to get nervous. She held her hand out and sparks that wouldn't even light on fire paper came out.

"Oh, are you a little weakling?" The sinner asked, with a perverted smile, "Don't worry, I like them weak."

Before he could do anything, he was grabbed by the collar of his shirt and lifted off his feet. The others got very nervous upon seeing who was holding him.

"I recommend leaving the young lady alone...or else I will stop smiling." Alastor said.

"Alastor?" Emily said in shock.

"Th-Th-The Radio Demon?!" The hanging sinner shouted in shock.

Alastor chuckled.

"Be grateful that I'm in a good mood." Alastor said, "Now, leave her alone, or I will rain the worst pain imaginable on you. Do I make myself clear?"

Alastor changed his eyes to old radio dials, static filling the air as his demonic symbols floated around him. The darkness began to slither around the sinners, making them shiver in fear as they quickly nodded to the radio demon!

"Yes sir!" They all said.

"Good!" Alastor said, turning back to normal as the shadows vanished away. "Now run along."

He dropped the hanging sinner, allowing them all to run away in fear as Emily and Alastor remained in the alleyway.

"Are you alright, my dear?" Alastor asked.

"Y-Yes, I am." Emily stuttered, in awe and slight fear of Alastor's power. "T-Thank you for helping me."

"Well, I couldn't allow a new member of the hotel to get hurt, now could I?" Alastor said, "What are you doing out here all alone to begin with?"

"I... I told Charlie I could handle brining letters to the post office." Emily said, "I wanted to prove myself."

"Hmm, well, why don't I walk with you there?" Alastor suggested, "Can't let someone hurt you, after all."

"Uh... thanks?" Emily questioned.

Alastor held out his arm for her to take.

Even through she hadn't known him for long, Emily was very hesitant about Alastor. Charlie said she could trust him but until now, she never had a good enough reason.

She locked her arm in his and the two began walking. So much for a peaceful outing.