Ch. 37: Will You?

After checking out of the hospital and a quick Hellivator ride back to the Pride Ring, the group stood before the Hazbin Hotel before Charlie opened its doors.

"It's good to be home." Charlie said, looking around the hotel. "Anything happen while I was out?"

"Not really." Emily said, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it, "It's been kind of quiet here."

Emily inhaled a bit before blowing smoke out, glancing at Charlie as she dropped her jaw in shock.

"I took up smoking a while ago." Emily quickly explained.

"HOW AND WHY?!" Charlie screamed, grabbing her hair.

"How; because I needed something to keep my mind off you being in a fucking coma... that I completely blame myself for." Emily said, explaining herself. "And why; why not? Don't worry, I won't smoke near the baby, I'm better than that."

"It was a shock to me too, Charlie. But at least she's not drinking real alcohol." Lucifer said, patting Charlie's back.

"Right..." Vaggie said, glancing away as Emily did the same.

Luckily, both of them were save by the crazy bell.

"Charlie! You're okay!" Niffty screamed, rushing at Charlie.

She jumped up and hugged Charlie very tightly. THankfully it wasn't around the stomach so the baby won't be hurt but unfortunately... it was around her neck.

"Nifty... choking..." Charlie grunts out.

Emily quickly helped get Niffty off and then she got distracted by a bug and ran off.

"Well... she seemed to miss me." Charlie said, rubbing her neck. "That hurt."

"Yeah, we're only 40% sure she's harmless." Emily said.

"Yeah, I assumed as much." Charlie said before more of her friends came to greet them.

"Princess!" Pentious and his egg bois shouted as they came to hug her. "Thank hell you're alive!"

"No, thank Emily and Lucifer. It's good to see you up on your feet again, kid." Husk said with a grin.

"Good to be on my feet." Charlie said.

"And in perfect health." Alastor said, appearing behind Charlie. "I say, it looks like the Vees couldn't leave a scratch on you."

"They certainly tried." Charlie said, "I'm just tougher than I seem... speaking of, what happened with them anyway?"

At this, Emily chuckled a bit as she took another hit from her cigarette.

"Oh, they work for dad now." She said with smirk, blowing smoke away.

"Really?" Charlie said in surprise.

""Work" is strong term." Lucifer said, rubbing his chin. "It's more... oh what's the word?"

"Slavery." Vaggie said.

"That's it, slavery. Thank you, Vaggie." He said to her.

"You enslaved the Vees?!" Angel Dust shouted from the top of the stairs.

He just found out Charlie was back and okay but he NEVER expected to hear this!

"Yep, someone has to keep a close eye on them." Lucifer said, shrugging. "The rest of the overlords are fine, I don't need to keep them in check."

"So that's why I haven't gotten a message from Val in weeks. Not that I actually care." Angel said before walking down.

"Oh, that might be more of Asmodeus "re-educating" Valentino on what Lust is truly about." Lucifer said with air quotes.