Ch. 5: The Gang's All Here

Emily woke up several house later, feeling... well, not well. She looked down and noticed... she was naked, not something you want to wake up and find in hell, but also there was a large X shaped scar on her chest. Emily sat up in bed and let out a small moan, a mixture of pain and exhaustion. She looked next to the bed and saw folded up clothes and a note. She took the note and read it.

'Tried to clean it as well as possible, hope you enjoy it.- Charlie'

"Aw, she dots her I with a smiley face." Emily said as got out of bed and got dressed in her dress,

She then noticed there was also a suit jacket. It was light blue and had a little star logo on the front.

Emily smiled softly at the symbol, rubbing her thumb over it before she placed it on.

She looked at herself in the mirror, she looked almost professional. She ran a hand through her hair. She had to do something with it.

'Maybe.....I should cut it down a bit? Or style it differently?' Emily thought.

She looked around, finding a hair tie, and put it into a messy ponytail. It would work for now. She walked out of the room and into the hall. She slowly walked down to the lobby, where she saw Charlie at the bar. It would seem that the adrenaline of last night finally wore off... she was hungover. She held her coffee with a death grip, as if someone would take it.

"Charlie?" Emily asked.

Charlie turned and gave a tired smile.

"Hi, Emily." Charlie said, taking a sip, "How are you feeling?"

"A bit tired." Emily said.

"Well there's coffee in the kitchen." Charlie said, lifting her mug.

"... What's coffee?" Emily asked.

Charlie nearly dropped her cup from this, genuinely surprised from this.

"...Emily, what exactly do you eat and drink in heaven?" Charlie asked.

"Nothing." Emily said.

"Nothing? Like, AT ALL?" Charlie asked.

"Yes. Is that a problem?" Emily asked, confused.

"Well, somewhat since I saw Adam eating ribs when I first met him." Charlie said, drinking more coffee. "I get you're a fallen seraphim but still, you should get hungry like anyone else."

"Well, that's different, he was human at one point." Emily said, gesturing to herself. "I was never a human, I've always been a Seraphim. We don't necessarily need to eat or drink anything, or even sleep. Last night was the first time I've slept in many, many years."

"Well... follow me." Charlie said, bringing her to the kitchen, "Here, I'll fix you a coffee, it should wake you up."

Charlie poured Emily a cup of coffee and added two creams and sugar, a pretty standard morning coffee.

Emily tilted her head and smelt the hot liquid.

"It's not alcohol is it?" She asked.

"No, don't worry, this is just something to keep people away." Charlie said.

Emily took a sip, and took a minute to get used to the flavor in her mouth.

"Not bad." She said with a smile.

"I'm glad you like it. Most people don't like it because it's too bitter but if you make it right, coffee can be very sweet." Charlie said with a smile.

Emily nodded as she took another sip of her coffee.

"So... what's going on with you and Vaggie?" Emily asked, getting right to the point, "Does it have to do with what happened in Heaven? The trial?"