Ch. 14. Home Sweet Hell

A few hours later, the two walked into the hotel lobby.

"Why do they call it all you can eat if you can't eat everything?" Emily asked, a bit annoyed.

"Emily... you ate a chair." Charlie said, "The muffin wrapper was one thing, I'm sure lots of people do that because of a kink, I've seen hell's version of Pornhub, but a chair is where most people draw the line."

"So I'm not the first person to eat a chair?" Emily asked, crossing her arms.

"No but you're the first to eat one and NOT stop after one bite." Charlie said.

"Well they don't know what the fuck their missing!" Emily said.

Angel Dust and Husk did spit takes when they heard that.

"Did she just swear!?" They shouted.

"You're goddamn right I did! What are you gonna do about it?" Emily asked as she turns to them, putting her hand in her hips.

"Holy shit, we might just make a demon out of her yet." Angel said.

"Which will either be a good thing or a bad thing." Husk comments.

"I think swearing is as far as she'll go." Charlie said, "She only started because she was pushed past her limits."

"I was just eating. The sign said "All you can eat!"" Emily said.

"You ate EVERYTHING the buffet had. And you still wanted more!" Charlie argued.

"Again, it was "all you can eat." If they can't honor their slogan, it's false advertising." Emily said.

"Again, you ate a chair!" Charlie said, gesturing to a random chair in the lobby.

"Not my fault mahogany tastes good." Emily said, "Now if you don't mind, I want to go put my new clothes in my room."

Emily left with her shopping bags of clothes, leaving Charlie to groan as Vaggie came over to comfort her.

"Not easy having a new sister?" Vaggie asked.

"No, it's not but I'm still happy to have her." Charlie said, smiling a bit.

"So, anything interesting happen while you two were out?" Vaggie asked.

"Yeah. Some good and some bad. Charlie said before putting up a finger. "Turns out, Emily is sort of a glutton after going to many centuries without needing food."

"Something we can handle as long as she doesn't eat the furniture, anything else?"

Vaggie said.

"...Ww ran into one of the Vees while shopping". Charlie said, losing her smile.

"WHAT?!" Angel shouted in fear, gazing at Charlie. "Please tell me it wasn't Val!"

"No, it was Velvette." Charlie said, grimacing as she remembers meeting Valentino in person. "Trust me, I'm not letting Emily near him."

"Or ANY of to the Vees! If they have something in mind for her, we need to keep Emily as far away from them as possible!" Vaggie said.

"And we will, even though I know she can handle herself, the Vees are the worst kind of sinner there is." Charlie said.

Upstairs, Emily was dressed in her new outfit (black dress pants, a black vest, black tie, white dress shirt, and black shoes) while putting her other clothes away. She caught a glimpse of the white planet far up in the sky, Heaven. She let out a demonic growl, and her eyes began to glow, but she bit it back down and her eyes stopped glowing. She decided the next best thing was to flip the planet off... with both fingers.

"Fuck you, Sera." Emily said to her FORMER sister.

Turning to her bed, Emily looked at her old white dress... The same one she fell down to hell with. She brought it to the bathroom and put it in the tub. She held up a hand and formed a fire ball, flickering between red and blue. She threw it at the dress, the last thing that reminded everyone that she was a Seraphim, and watched it burn.

"I'm not a Seraphim anymore... I'm Emily Morningstar, a Fallen Angel." Emily said as she watched the dress to ash and turned in the water to wash the ash down the drain. "And don't you forget it."

(Side Note: Charlie has not met Carmilla or Rosie in the universe yet. So STOP asking.)