I'm sorry you died

No one was sorry to see him die, except me. His name was Abel and he was the town's most notorious criminal. He had been involved in all sorts of illegal activities, from theft to murder. People feared him, and I don't blame them. But I knew him differently.

Abel and I had grown up together. We had been friends since we were kids. He was always the wild one, while I was the more reserved one. But we had a special bond that no one could understand. I had always tried to steer him in the right direction, but he had a mind of his own.

One day, he got involved with the wrong crowd and things started to spiral out of control. He became more violent and unpredictable. I tried to talk to him, but he wouldn't listen. He was too far gone.

And then, one day, he was gone. The police found him dead in an alleyway. No one was sorry to see him die, except me. I knew that deep down, he had a good heart. He just got lost along the way.

I attended his funeral, the only mourner in a sea of strangers. As I stood there, watching his casket being lowered into the ground, I knew that I had lost someone special. And I couldn't help but wonder what could have been if he had made different choices.

No one was sorry to see him die, except me. But I knew that his memory would live on in my heart forever.