True love

Samantha had always been a fiercely independent woman. She had worked hard to build her career and had never relied on anyone else for her happiness. But all of that changed when she met Jack.

Jack was unlike anyone she had ever met. He was kind, caring, and always put her needs above his own. She had never felt so loved and protected as she did with Jack by her side. But there was a darkness in Jack that she couldn't ignore.

One night, Samantha and Jack were walking home from dinner when they were approached by a man with a knife. Jack didn't hesitate for a moment. He stepped in front of Samantha and fought off the attacker with everything he had. In the end, the man lay motionless on the ground.

"He's... he's dead," Samantha said, her voice trembling with shock.

"He was trying to hurt you," Jack replied, his own voice shaking with emotion.

"I... I know," Samantha said, her eyes filling with tears. "I had no idea what was happening. He just came out of nowhere."

"I had to do it," Jack said, his voice growing more urgent. "I can't- I can't let anything happen to you. I had to-"

"Hey, hey! Look at me," Samantha said, taking Jack's face in her hands. "I know, okay? That motherfucker was going to kill me. You saved me. I'm just... shit. I'm just shocked, I guess?"

"But not scared?" Jack asked, his eyes searching hers.

"Of you? Never," Samantha said, a small smile playing at the corners of her mouth.

In that moment, Samantha knew that she had found someone truly special. Someone who would always be there to protect her, no matter what. She knew that she had found the love of her life.