The rain

John had always been fascinated by technology and communication. He loved learning new things and had a particular interest in old-fashioned forms of communication. One day, he stumbled upon Morse Code and was immediately hooked. He spent hours studying the code, practicing his skills, and communicating with other enthusiasts.

However, something strange started happening to John after he became proficient in Morse Code. He felt like he was being watched, and the rain seemed to be sending him a message. Every time it rained, he heard a faint tapping sound, almost like Morse Code, that seemed to be urging him to run.

At first, John dismissed these feelings as paranoia. But as time went on, they became harder to ignore. He started feeling like he was being followed, and the tapping sound in the rain grew louder and more urgent. One day, as he was walking home from the library, he felt like someone was right behind him. He turned around, but no one was there.

That was the moment when John realized that something was seriously wrong. He started running, not knowing where he was going or why he was running. The tapping sound in the rain grew louder and faster, as if trying to keep up with him. He ran for what felt like an eternity until he finally collapsed, exhausted and terrified.

It wasn't until he woke up in a hospital bed that John learned the truth. He had been suffering from a rare form of auditory hallucination, triggered by his intense focus on Morse Code. The tapping sound in the rain was just a figment of his imagination, a manifestation of his fears and anxieties.

From that day on, John learned to control his obsession with Morse Code and to seek help when he needed it. He never forgot the lesson he learned about the power of the mind and the importance of taking care of one's mental health.