CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

- Hallu gentlereaders! Almost 11pm na pero eto, now lang nakapag-update. Isang araw ko lang 'to sinulat after ages of being stuck in writer's block.

- I'm trying to write the story again in Filipino, pero mas lalo lang akong maba-balnko.😭

__________

__

__
It's been three months since Vice made a huge decision for the sake of the people she loves.

__
Three months ago when she and her whole family migrated in Los Angeles, due to the continuous cryptic messages and threats she receives from an anonymous person. Her friends were devastated by the news but also understood her situation. It was already hard enough for Vice to leave everything behind, so her friends supported her instead and did not demand more information.

__
Within these months, Vice and her family managed to get comfortable with their new life. A new life pressured by threats and uncertainties. They won't stay long here anyway for once she gave birth, everything will go back to where they used to be.

__
The first month away from the Philippines was extremely hard for Vice. She misses everyone, she misses everything; her work, her fans, her friends and her dogs. She was used to getting up by 10am to go to work, but now that she's away, she has to busy herself with different things to feed her boredom. The management told her she can still work for them. Her contract needs to be renewed anyway, so it'll be fine if she will take her time before she comes back to work. They also put her movie project with Director Cathy on hold, saying they could still push it once she's back in the Philippines. Her gratitude with these amazing people is a total understatement. She never thought all of this will be easy to deal with, but they truly surprised her.

__
"Te, sigurado ka bang kaya mo na 'to mag-isa?" Vice asked her older sister.

__
"Kaya ko na 'to. 5-6hrs lang naman yung flight." Vice slowly nodded while Tina drags her suitcase beside her. Tina glances down her watch, noticing the time. It's already 1pm. Her flight was set by 3pm with 30 minute drive to airport. She was levitating ever since she received an e-mail from Harvard Medical School, saying she's being invited to reside with them for 3 weeks.

__
"Ate, I'll call someone to pick you up from the airport. Alam kong alam mo yung ginagawa mo, pero hindi ko kayang hayaan ka lang nang mag-isa sa Boston." Vice sighed, rubbing her swollen bump. Her sister just rolled her eyes at her dramatics.

__
"Ano ka ba, kasama ko yung mga ibang ka-trabaho ko sa Pinas. In fact, andito na sila kahapon pa. Sabay-sabay kami sa flight mamaya." with a final kiss on her cheek, Tina practically ran towards the door, leaving a stunned Vice alone.

__
Vice's mind drifted away while Maxine and Mamas quietly walk alongside her. They've decided to take a quick walk at the park and Vice insisted to go with them for fresh air.

__
"Tito? You're quiet." after a while, Maxine noticed the blank face of her tito. Vice snapped her head at her as they reach the nearest bench.

__
"I just like being quiet sometimes." Vice mumbled, sitting down. Lately, she's been feeling a slight pain in her tummy. Sometimes her stomach turns hard as rock while experiencing the pain. It feels like she's experiencing hard contractions and it is scaring her. Calling her doctor already crossed her mind, but she considered calling Anne first before anything else.

__
"You know, we can always go back home if may nararamdaman kang kakaiba tito, right?" Maxine told her. Vice felt bad for making the kids worried.