Chapter 13

Today was Spring 21.

The day you can finally harvest your strawberries. You already harvested your parsnips and got the money for another batch. It just so happens that you can harvest the second batch of parsnips today, too.

Your farm is quickly growing, which makes you think that you should start looking into what Robin would do to accommodate the growth. She's a successful carpenter. You knew she would have some great ideas. Ideas that would cost a lot of money, but still great ideas.

You chuckle at the thought.

You went out onto your farm and saw your crops fully grown. You were excited to see how many strawberries you would harvest from this first crop. The plants looked healthy. You ghosted your fingers over the leaves, checking them for any impurities. You could see that your 10 strawberry plants were going to yield a decent number of strawberries.

When you got done harvesting everything, you counted how many strawberries you had gotten from this yield. You had gotten 24 strawberries in total. A creeping smile grew on your face. You knew getting those strawberries seeds would pay off. You couldn't wait to see what you got for them.

You moved over to the box and put everything you had just harvested into them.

"Just have to wait till tomorrow to see what I'll get." You say.

After you finished that, you decided to head to the Carpenter shop.

You were excited to see what Robin could build.

On your way to Robin's shop, you saw Lewis standing in front of a dilapidated building. You hadn't been this far except to visit Haley near the fountain, so you were intrigued by the building and why Lewis was standing there.

"Mayor Lewis?" You called out.

Lewis turned around and looked... sad. He was wearing a forlorn expression. You thought it was probably because of the building he was staring at. You knew tightknit communities like this liked preserving their heritage. The building in front of looked like it was on its last legs.

"Oh, hi there Y/N." Lewis said.

"Is everything alright?" You asked.

Lewis sighed.

"Don't you think this building is an eyesore?" He asked.

"Well... it probably has seen better days." You replied.

"You know, this used to be Pelican town's community center. This building was our pride and joy. It was always bustling with activity. Now, just look at it... its- just sad." Lewis said with a defeated tone. "These days, the young folk would rather play on there phone's than engage with the community."

"Mmmm...." You hummed non-committedly.

You sympathized with Lewis, but you didn't know if that last statement was exactly true. The older generation always seemed to have something to say about the younger one. You didn't work hard enough or you didn't value things as much. Was it the younger generation's fault that employers set impossible standers for minimum wage jobs? Was it the younger generation's fault that we couldn't buy homes because they were impossible to attain? Was it the younger generation's fault that they were dying at an all-time high because no one cared enough to care?

You sympathized, but you also had a disdain for people who said things like that.

"But don't listen to me. I sound like an old fool."