seventeen

We arrived at Travis' Dad's house just before six, and Travis came around to help me out of the car. There were a couple other cars in the driveway, indicating that we weren't the first to arrive. I sucked in a breath, trying to erase all of the nervousness I was feeling as Travis took my hand, squeezing gently. There was something different about my relationship with Travis than other boyfriends I'd had in the past, and I really wanted to do well meeting his family.

"Relax beautiful, they're going to love you." He murmured as he led me up to the front door, squeezing my hand encouragingly. 

"I'd like to see you being all calm and collected meeting my Mom." I murmured. "Which you're going to have to do soon by the way because she's desperate to meet you." I told him and Travis chuckled with a small nod as he opened the door, leading me into the house.

"You can keep your shoes on, there's no carpet and the floor can get pretty cold." Travis told me as he closed the door behind us. "We're here!" He called out as he led me down the hallway.

Travis led me from the hallway into a dining room, and I shifted nervously as four people looked up at us. Donna gave me a little wave of greeting and I smiled warmly at her. There was an older man that must be Travis' Dad, Jason Kelce who I immediately recognized, and a very pregnant woman next to him that must be his wife - who Travis had told me was Kylie. They all smiled at me kindly when we came in.

"You must be Taylor." Travis' Dad came around, and I nodded as I shook his hand. "I'm Ed, Travis' Dad."

"Hi, it's really nice to meet you." I smiled at him, not as nervous as I'd been before. "Travis speaks very highly of you." Ed smiled back at me with a kind nod, letting go of my hand to embrace his son. 

"Oh you didn't have to bring anything Taylor darling." Donna smiled fondly at me when I held up the bottle of wine, silently questioning where she wanted me to put it.

"I told her that." Travis shrugged. "She didn't listen."

"Well thank you very much darling, I'll put it in the fridge for later." Donna said and I handed over the wine as I came face to face with Jason.

"Hey." He smiled kindly at me. "I've heard so much about the English teacher that wrapped my little brother around her finger." I blushed as I shook his hand, and he gestured to the woman behind him. "This is my wife Kylie."

"Hey." Kylie smiled at me, and I immediately knew we'd be friends.

"Hi." I whispered, glancing back at Jason. "I know you probably get this a lot, but I am such a huge fan." Jason chuckled.

"No kidding!"

"I used to go to all the games with my Dad." I told him. 

"Bet Travis loved that." Jason winked at his brother. "Hear that Travis? Your girlfriend would rather hang out with me than you."

"Careful now." Travis laughed, slipping an arm protectively around my waist as he came over. The motion did things to me and I bit down on my lip, hiding a smile. "She said used to. I'm sure she likes me more than you now, right beautiful?" He nudged me.

"Sure." I grinned cheekily at Jason, who winked at me. Travis laughed and kissed my cheek, knowing I was only joking around with him. 

I slipped in with Travis' family easily, and it was so much fun getting to know them. I really hit it off with Kylie, who was almost nine months pregnant. It was her and Jason's first baby, and she almost glowed as she talked about her pregnancy. I was fascinated as we conversed; I loved babies, always had. Eventually though, we were stopped by the setting up of the first game.