Part twenty two: on a swimming date (part three)

Riley couldn't be anymore nervous while showing it off by biting her fingernails while waiting for Eriwe to wait in line to rent a floatie for their swimming date. 'Oh, boy... what have I got myself into.' as she thought to herself. "Hey! I'm back, with your floatie, now come on, into the waters. good thing we bought spare clothes for this ocassion huh." "I...uh.." as he slowly took her hand and guided her to the beach. "No!" as that got Eriwe to stop in his tracks too.

"I can't do this, I have a fear of deep waters..." "I know, you said so, but you're half mermaid, so in order to do this, we can slowly let you get used to the waters. "You just don't get it! I'm scared!" as that got Eriwe to stop in his tracks again. What he did next surprised her; he held her face in his hands. "Look here, look at me, Rile. You're not alone, you have me. I am by your side in case you get too scared. Got it?" "Mmmm..." as she nodded. "Atta girl." as he smiled and slowly let go of her face.

"Now let's practice, take your floatie and slowly... that's it..." "Oh boy... oh boy... we're getting deeper aren't we.. don't let go, just don't let go..." "I got you, don't worry." as Eriwe said out. "Now, here comes the hard part; slowly submerge your head into the water. "Okay, don't let go..." as she took a deep breath and breathes in the water, and what she saw shocked her, until she almost choked on the water; a tiger shark slowly approaching their way. as she looked around in the waters, no one was deep enough to notice the lone shark figure in the sea.

Telephatic communication: 

"Eriwe... not good. this is not good." "What's not good, Rile?" "Sh... shark..." "Shark? Oh boy, not good indeed, don't panic, it can sense panic. Now let's slowly move from his territory... come now, come up from the water and we'll leave slowly, don't panic. as the shark approached towards them. "He's getting closer! What should we do?!" F : song in the background; 'Darling, don't be afraid, use your gift.'

"I think I know what to do." "Know what to do what? Riley?! come back here!" as she slowly submerges her head into the waters again and started communication with the shark. 

'We mean no harm, please let us through, friend.'  as she communicated with the being, her eyes turned a strange yellow glow. "As you wish, Princess Emera." ' Yes, dear friend, we thank you.' the shark turned away as Eriwe watched the whole thing. "What... just happened?"  as Riley was confused to what she just did, Eriwe slowly approached the awe stricken girl and held her hand. "Let's get out of here.

As they got closer to the shore where they saw everybody playing, he decided to shoot his shot. "What was that just now? why did the shark just turns away, and why did your eyes shimmers in gold color? "I... don't know, all I know is that a familiar song beckoned me to talk to the being..." as she looked him in the eye and said; "It called me Princess Emera." as Eriwe's eyes widened.