Chapter 11: Right Decisions

He sets the covers aside, groaning at the sun peeking into his room. The clock reads 9:04am, and he decides this Sunday morning won't be wasted the same.

After a quick shower, he stands in front of the sink, gurgling mouthwash. He lets the water run as he washes his face, reflection in the mirror making him question what he's doing in life.

He sees him come behind, wrapping his arms around his back and panics immediately, turning around. He slaps himself when he realizes there's no one there, just another figment of his imagination.

He never stayed long enough for it to ever become real.

****

"What do you mean she's not coming back?"

"You heard me Green. She sent in her resignation form in today. We've terminated her contract and disconnected her cell phone line and other access lines. You are never to speak of her again. You contracted your own assistant without my permission anyway. And if you were wise enough, you'd know to never contact me again for something this minor over the phone."

"But you sent her, I demand-"

The line cuts and Harry sits, jaw dropped in shock behind his desk.

He feels like his heart has broken in two.

He clicks end on the call and hits his number 3, speed dial, placing his phone up to his ear. He hears the machine go straight to the No longer in service message and throws his phone, not believing what he's hearing.

Cynthia is gone.

"What the fuck!"

He yells to particularly no one and slams his hand on the desk, furious.

She's been with Harry for years, not weeks, not months, but YEARS. She was here when he started succeeding tremendously in his company, directed him in the right path the best she could, ever since Harry was 22. 5 years now had been completely erased from the woman who taught him more than he ever could have asked for.

And he knew not a damn thing about it.

Or could do a damn thing about it.

"Is everything alright sir?"

Harry's current assistant knocked on the other side. The man groan because great, he was now stuck with her.

"Everything's fine Lilly."

"Sir may I come in. I have a request."

"Come on in."

Great now she was going to start making demands and complaining about shit and did she even know a thing or two about clothes, did she know about clubs, where the party was at?

Harry didn't know and wasn't interested.

No one could replace Cynthia.

The woman walked straight towards the man's desk, placing a book in front of him.

"I'm sorry sir. I just need your signature to get paid."

The man leaned and realized it was a checkbook. He grabbed it a little harshly and yanked a pen beside his ear, slowing down when he realized who it was being written for.

"Your real name is Lillian?"

The man looked up in confusion and the woman sighed.

"Only close people to me call me Lillian. My work name is Lilly."

Harry smirked and signed his name. Louis wasn't stupid after all.

"Sir if you don't mind me saying, can you not tell Louis...if you're going to keep him around. Which by the way, by the looks of yesterday in the alley, I wouldn't say it's smart either."