Chapter 14: Steps

Lolzz @ all of you telling Louis to stay. I would have been out of there. Bye Felicia.

S/O to @brynnan82. You're onto something ;)
_____________________________

The room fails to be successfully silent because Louis breathing had gotten a little out of control. The man is waiting for his answer, he knows, but he doesn't know how longer this can go on.

Harry Edward Styles is part of a damn Mafia and Louis didn't sign up for any of this.

He looks into the man's eyes and remembers seeing the way he beat Bryant into the ground, remembers what he's here for, and shuts all his reasonable train of thought out.

He gets a grip of himself and places the gun back on the counter, pushing it towards the man.

Harry looks confused.

"My dad."

Louis starts off, rubbing his neck nervous as Harry leans in closer.

"We both have-had, our past secret lives. I-I don't judge you for yours."

Louis swallows the lump in his throat as Harry tries to figure his next move with the little the boy is giving him

"I never told you why I worked at that place. Why I danced for men. My dad made me. I attracted buyers for his clothing line. It was business. Just like what you do, it's business."

Harry eyes widen with fury and Louis grabs onto his hands when his first instinct is to reach out for his gun.

"That son of a bitch did WHAT."

"Harry calm down!"

"No Louis, I will not calm down!"

The man pushes the boys hands out the way and places the gun in his hold. He removes himself from the stool, Louis following in his foot steps as he walks towards the door.

"Harry, what are you doing!"

"Me and you father are going to have a little chit chat."

"Don't please! If you walk out that door, you're breaking your part of the deal."

Harry stops and turns confused, hand on the knob.

"What deal?"

Louis looks at the ground, blush on his cheeks as Harry puts on hold walking out.

"Louis."

"Didn't you want me to move in with you when I turned 18."

"I do."

"If you go and confront him now, he'll suspect I've kept in contact with you since after the clothing line launched. He'll make sure if you make any attempt to talk to me seem like you're abusing of a minor. I haven't told this to anybody Harry."

"But what he did was a crime!"

"So was you kissing me."

Harry frowns and Louis covers his face.

"I have no proof of what he did Harry. But he can easily get proof of you. Label me insane if this goes up to the courts, say you've manipulated me to think I'm in love with you. I-You don't know what he's capable of Harry. Please don't do anything you'll regret. This will affect me too."

Harry feels instant guilt in his gut and places his weapon behind his shirt. He walks towards the smaller boy and engulfs him in a huge hug, Louis shaking his head in the man's chest.

"I-I'll stay Harry. I'll stay as long as you keep this to yourself."

Harry nods, kissing the boys hair, the only place he feels is allowed. He hears Louis sniffle and holds him tighter, not wanting the boy to feel any less.