~{Chapter 20}~

{I'm going to be skipping the days around only for this chapter. WARNING: There is going to be a little self harm between Emma. Skip if you don't like}

~{Emma's .P.O.V.}~

I'm in my room, sitting on my floor, blocking the door so no one bothers me. It's been 2 weeks and still no sign of father and mother's return. I wanted someone to love again as my mother and father are away. I don't have Angus anymore as he is with another love than me. I can't believe I'm saying this but I want...Max! I look at my phone as it is in my hand hoping and wishing someone I love would text or call. Makeup running down my face from all the tears I can't stop from falling down slowly from all the pain and sadness I feel inside. Replaying all of our memories and fun times, but mostly our last conversation, wishing I said things differently before I did. Thinking to myself I'll never get him back.

I run out of my room to the bathroom as I quickly shut the door and lock it. I crawl into the bathtub and pull out a pocket knife. I roll up my long sleeves revealing the many cuts that tattoo my skin. I roll up my pant legs and cry at the scars. I didn't have the courage to tell Barb or Hank and I never wanted to show my best friend or even Max for one. What would they feel about me, seeing me cut, harming my body like this! No one wants to be seen with a self harmer like me. The words that Veronica shot out directly went through my heart. They stinged as one word shot after the other from her mouth. I believed, I was pathetic, worthless, I did hate everything about myself even my powers. No wonder why mother and father didn't want me to go on this so called "important mission" because they felt like I wasn't ready to take on something far more difficult than I can handle. They know that I am not worthy to be a superhero by showing love to cover up their lies. I'm weak compared to my brother who is better at controlling his powers than me, no wonder my parents lied to me saying that Cody was staying at Grans when they actually brought him along on the mission to fight along side them then me and probably Katie is with them right now as well. Why do I deserve to be in this family, why do I deserve to be in mine? Why do I deserve these powers even though I can't control them properly? If only Angus was here he would calm me down and tell me everything's alright and give me a kiss when I am feeling down. I miss him but he doesn't care. He's living a perfect life in North Dakota with a perfect house, a perfect family, and even a perfect girlfriend who is worth the girl than I am. With Max, I don't know what to think? He plays with my brain making me fall for him as we share kisses in closets and rooms and the next, he throws my heart away and kisses one no, three girls, playing with my heart. What's wrong is, I still have feelings for Max that I can't take away. I thought dating Angus would take theses feelings away but it never helped. My mind tells me no but my heart tells me yes. I can't fight these emotions for him while it's tearing me apart inside.

I look at the blade and dig deep lines within my skin as I drag the knife further down my wrists as blood streams down, staining the tub as I binge my tears till I can't cry no more.

~{Max's .P.O.V.}~

I'm in my room, laying on my bed, with my phone off. I try hard to ignore Dr. Colosso as I think about Emma. My Tv is on but my volume is off as I lay in complete silence. Stuff is thrown everywhere, due to my confusing and upset mood swings. My phone is still of as I throw it on the floor. My eyes are red from the constant crying and my door and slide is locked so no one can bother me. Replaying our last conversation in my head, thinking of what to do but not sure, what so ever. I'm thinking so much, I'm about to flip. My hands are red from hitting things, thinking, what if she never takes me back.

I know I have done stupid things to make her hate me. I'm a boy, puberty over takes me, I can't think straight with the brain of a teenager. I am ashamed for thing I have done in the past to make her hate me when she moved her in the first place. When I saw her dating Angus, I snapped, I was jealous, so I flirted with Sarah to get Emma's attention to make her jealous hoping to fight Sarah and take me back but she didn't, she saw Sarah kiss me leading her to date Angus. During Phoebe's dinner party, I called Tara, hoping to use her for my plans to win Emma back. The plan quickly succeeded but she still went back to Angus. I would try to kiss her to win her back but it never worked, she was still upset with me. During the math bowl, I planned to kiss Emma and I did. The kiss was perfect and I missed kissing her lips. Her lips were my weakness which I always craved. I thought that would work for sure showing her that I still have feelings for her. During the next couple of days, a girl by the name Veronica has been bullying Emma. I couldn't take anymore. After Emma ran to the bathroom, Veronica asked me to date her and do her every command as her boyfriend but I made a deal with her. I didn't want her to bully Emma or Phoebe no more and she agreed, so I did her bidding for until I fell in love with her over her charms and good looks (just to pretend) until I figured out that she cheated on me with other boys. I decided to help Emma and Phoebe during choir to defeat Veronica and we did. I want to tell Emma sorry for everything that I have done to make her hate me and I deserve her hate for what I have done to her. I don't want to be evil for her but show her that I am a hero. Don't tell Phoebe!

I run up my stair and quickly unlock my door. Phoebe yells at me but I quickly ignore her and run upstairs. I reach Emma's room and knock on her door. She doesn't answer. I wait for a second and still knock, no answer still. I opened the door and searched the room, she wasn't there, suddenly I heard crying coming from the bathroom across the hall. I run over and knock on the door.

"Emma, it's me Max, open the door." I press my ear against the door as I hear her whimper in pain as she continues to cry.

"Leave me Alone!" Emma cries.

"Please Emma!" I beg. I want to help her. I turn the knob but it doesn't open. I can't use my powers or my parents will suspect something. I grab one of my sister's bobby-pins and try to unlatch the lock. I finally succeeded as the knob turned. I opened the door.

~{Emma's .P.O.V.}~

My eyesight goes blurry from all the excessive crying. I run the blade against my knees, my skin stings, I hold in my tears as I feel the pain. Blood continues to run down the drain. I continue to hear Max's voice from the other side of the door.

"Please Emma!" Max begs.

"Leave Me Alone!" I cry out, I lean my head against the tub.

"Emma!" Max says as he opens the door and locks it behind him.

"Max don't look at me!" I say as I try to hide my scars but the blood makes it a hard giveaway. Max gasps as he eyes the many scars that tattoo my arms and legs as they continue to bleed the color red. Max walks over to the tub and picks me up bridal style in his arms. He sets me down on the sink and grabs a rag and wets it with warm water. I look at his arms as they are covered with my blood but he doesn't care as he tends to my wounds. I sting in pain as the warm water touches my raw skin. I look at Max as tears fall from his eyes.

"Why are you crying Max?" I asked him as he continued to clean me up.

"Because you harmed yourself Emma! Why would you do that? A beautiful girl like you should never be doing that to herself in anyway!" Max says as he wipes his tears but they continue to fall. I place my thumb on his cheek and wipe away the falling tears. He looks up and grabs my hand in his as I wince in pain but I tried hard to ignore it as best as I could. He sets me down on the toilet wrapping up my arms and legs as I tell him why leaving out the whole power thing of course.

I help Max clean up the tub and disinfect it. I sit him down on the toilet and grab a rag and wet it with warm water. The blood on his arm slowly dried up leaving it hard to rub off. I take the rag and slowly try to clean the blood off of both of his arms. I don't notice that while I am cleaning, Max keeps his eyes on me as I clean with a small grin on my face. I suddenly feel his arms wrap around my waist as he places me gently on his lap. Max leans down, takes my cheeks in his soft hands and presses his lips to mine. My arms betraying me, wrap themselves around his neck and kissed him back.

I slowly pulled away from the kiss with a blush on my cheeks as Max smiled. I grabbed the rag and continued to wipe the finishing blood off his arms.

~{Author's note}~

Oh My Gosh! So much going on between Emma and Max!!! I warned you about the self harm sorry I had to write that in my story. Sorry if I made an of you feel uncomfortable. Sorry for the long chapter!

Read, vote, comment! Love You All❤️😊