~{Chapter 28}~

~{Emma's .P.O.V.}~

"Put the gun down Max!" I squealed when the cold water hit my body, causing me to shiver. Max laughed and aimed the water gun closer.

"You want me to put the gun down, I don't think so Red, you still owe me after our last water fight." How could I not remember that epic fight where I crushed Max with 100 water balloons and took the trophy home. He deserved that payback fair and square, it wasn't my fault that he was such a wimp at throwing a simple water balloon.

I ran, I ran as fast as I could away from Max. I had no gun for me to supply, I was weaponless with no water. Where's a water gun when a girl needs it to take down her boyfriend. Nobody was helping me. Phoebe was on her phone talking to Cole and Nora and Billy were in the pool, splashing each other as they watch me run for my life. I kept running, there was no where for me to hide, I was trapped!

"You are trapped babe!" Max lets out a chuckle as he moves closer, still aiming the guns with cold water. I wanted to scream for help but I couldn't.

"I'm not trapped, not yet!" I got myself ready and tried hard to make a quick getaway before Max could notice but his blockage was pretty tight making it difficult for me to find a quick escape. "Dang it, I am trapped!" I backed away from Max and backed into the fence. I was ready to face the cold hard shame of defeat. Water splashing everywhere. Droplets hitting my body. I shield my face with my hands hoping water doesn't hit my eyes. The pumping of water stops and I look at Max. I was completely soaked. I looked up at my boyfriend with a grin. Max knew that face and took a couple of steps back.

"Don't you dare Emma!" My grin kept growing as I kept inching closer to him with every step I took.

"Come here Maxy, I want to give you a hug!" Max took off. I ran off after him. He was dry so why couldn't we share? My speed was increasing as I kept inching closer to Max. I leaped up into the air and tackled Max to the ground. I laid on his stomach and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him close to my wet body. Max squirmed as best as he could to get out of my grasp but he couldn't, I had a pretty tight squeeze being the girl that I am. I suddenly feel his hands creep along my sides. A surprise laugh bursts out of my mouth. I wrap my hands around my sides and fall to the grass. Max hovers over me with a smirk.

"I hate you Max Thunderman." I cross my arms over my chest, scrunch up my nose and stick my tongue out.

Max laughs. "I love you too Emma Walters." My frown goes away when the press of his soft lips touch mine, a small smile forms across my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you taking me Max?"

"It's a surprise!" I hear the sound of doors being opened and glasses being clinked together.

"Table for two please!" My hand is still intertwined with Maxs' as I follow him to our table. Where are we at?

"Max!" Max leads me to what seems to be a chair. I sit down and he pushes my chair in, such a gentleman. He takes off my blindfold. I adjust my eyes to the dim lighting and look around the room. "Oh Max, Why?" I asked him, I set my hand on the white tablecloth, waiting for his hand to enter mine as he quickly accepts without asking for permission. I look into his dreamy chocolate brown eyes and begin to melt.

"I wanted to have our first date here. We have been dating for over a month now and I wanted to make it special." Max takes my hand and presses my knuckles to his lips and brush a soft kiss to each one. I tilt my head down and blush.

"Oh Max!" I leaned up, about to give him a kiss when the waiter interrupted our moment.

"Hello, my name is Kevin, I'll be your waiter for today. May I start you off with a couple of drinks." I looked at Kevin as he flashed his pearly whites holding a notepad in his hands.