~{Chapter 24}~

~{Emma's .P.O.V.}~

"You're such a goof." I giggled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and placed soft kisses up my neck as he hovered over me and pecked my lips.

"But I'm your goof!" Max replies, he places another soft kiss upon my lips.

"Emma and Max, time to go!" Barb calls. I kissed Max's cheek as I grabbed my backpack along with his as we held hands until we reached the last set of stairs and out the door to the car.

~At school~

"Can I be the first to say that you two are the cutest couple ever!" Phoebe blabs out as we make our way to our lockers and later to lunch. "My brother and my best friend together at last!" She squeals as she drapes her arms around mine and Max's shoulders. Max rolls his eyes and give me that look to tell Phoebe to buzz off.

"Phoebe we know you are happy with our relationship and all but you have to keep it on the down low. We don't want our whole secret to get out!" Not to mention a few other more. Phoebe zips her mouth and keeps quiet through the rest of lunch.

~6th period, bell rings and everyone gets out of class and heads to their lockers~

I close my locker as I stuff the rest of my books down my backpack and sip it back up. Another night of essays and test, hip hip horrayyyy! Boo! I notice Sarah talking to Max. I walk over and listen to their conversation.

"Since your not dating anyone and you don't have date for the dance, I likely accept the offer to be your date. Oh Maxy, we're gonna be so happy together!" What? What did I just hear?! Sarah is Max's date to the dance! I'm Max's date to the dance even though he didn't ask me yet but still!

"What!...I mean Hi, you two ,what's up?" Trying to keep it casual as I try hard not to snap Sarah's neck apart. Max looks at me concerned as I glared at him.

"Hi Emma, guess what?" Sarah burst out as my attention left Max's.

"What!" I gritted my teeth, trying to keep a smile as best as I could. I wanted to throw this off a cliff if I could. She should know to step away from my Max, never call him Maxy or even look into his eyes. He's my boyfriend not yours well I think! I wish I could tell.

"Me and Maxy are going to the dance together!" She squealed, wrapping her arm around Max as he looks up to me with apologetic eyes.

"I'm so happy for you, I-I h-hope y-you h-have f-fun!" I stuttered, trying to keep back my tears as my heart fell out of my chest and smashed itself in a million pieces again. I should learn to never keep a secret away, it only leads into trouble. Maybe if I cut, it will take the pain and everything will go back to normal.

I left Sarah and Max behind as I ran off and cried.

"Emma?" I looked up and saw Conner walking over to me. Not now, not today!

"*sniff...Oh, hey Conner!" I wiped away my tears and straightened myself out. Conner grasped my hand and leaned me against the lockers.

"Emma darling, will you do me the honor and be my date for the dance?" I couldn't make out the words. I looked over past Conner's shoulder and saw Max with sadness in his eyes. He shook his head, telling me to say no to his offer. Why should I say no while you said yes to Sarah? I turned my gaze away from Max and locked eyes with Conner. I leaned up and placed my lips on his. I tried hard to keep the vomit down my throat as we continued to kiss. A few tears ran down Max's cheek as he ran off leaving me and Conner alone.

"So, what's your answer?" I didn't want to, I know it was wrong for me to say yes.

"Yes!" Conner gave me a hug. I grabbed my backpack as we both went our separate ways.