TWENTY FIVE

BUTTERFLY

Jungkook

I lay myself in my bed looking up the ceiling, smiling like I was fall in love again.

"... I have fallen in love to someone I can't have. But it was the most happiest feeling that I ever felt. Weird, right? But that thing exist."

I remember the quote that I read for one of her books back in her house. When he put me in a place of my dream, he worries nothing but blind trust he gave that I will take care of his wife because I know better about her than himself.

He wasn't wrong, but also not right.

I know when I hoped too much to a person, the disappointment I will get. But at least, I feel happy in the process. The precious thing before heart breaks that I can't repeat sooner.

It was the fate, a destiny of my long wait, patiently coming to the place that meant for me the most. Hoping she will be there for real, came out of my imagination from awhile to give me a slight of happiness.

I couldn't sleep but this time for good reason. The sound of water hit the roof, I smile and get up to walk towards the window. Open the window shield an let the breeze of water freshly hit my body. It was somehow calm rather than cold. I realized there's something caught my eyes.

The daisy flower were bloomed. She plant them when the first time she get here. The one on the pot near her window were bloomed. I feel warm seeing them as I can feel her presence here.

This house is empty since she was taken, years after that, only the staff from the property management came once in a week to keep it clean. In case someone would buy the house.

"Jungkook?"

I heard my mom knock the door and I quickly closed the curtain and walk away to open the door for her. It wasn't locked, but she prefer to knock to let me have my privacy.

"Mom." She looks wonders when she stare at me.

"What's wrong?"

"You have a guest."

I frown.

"Who?" I ask her and she smile excitedly.

"Remember when I told you about my friend's daughter who just came back from London?" I widened in surprise.

"What? She's here?"

She nod but the look at me up and down and then lean closer to sniff me.

"Mom, why?"

"Wear something nice, and put some perfume. And then get downstairs."

She's about to leave but I quickly hold her arm, she turned around only to see her happy smile. I cannot resist, nor made her disappoint.

"It's just dinner, champ! We made a small party to celebrate your victory for today's tournament."

Jimin must be spill the tea. I hate him when he tells my mother every detail of my activity. He can't keep it for himself.

"You're not inviting her for that reason, mom. What if she's busy?"

"I didn't invite her, my friend would like to come for dinner, who knows the moment was right. Don't take too long, we're waiting!"

She go back downstairs and I close the door annoyingly. I decided to take a shower instead, just for myself don't get me wrong, I feel uncomfortable to meet people while I'm dirty and sweating.

20 minutes later

I saw them chatting on the dinning room. Seeing the lady with long straight and black hair was eating calmly, seeing my mom talking with her mother. I clear my throat to let them know I came. Everyone look up to me but I bow politely. Finally meet her eyes.