FIFTEEN

BREATHLESS

Jungkook

The moment Y/n close her eyes, the rush of anxiety of losing her was too strong. Nurse help me with the sterile clothes and I rushed towards her, she lay there unconscious. Lifeless, as if she's giving up her life. The doctors put an IV and oxygen mask on her and try to wake her up. She's has to be conscious in labor.

"Her heart rate too low, she lost her energy."

"Amniotic water is a half left, baby with risked get a hypoxia."

"Prepare the surgery now. We need to save the baby."

Without giving me a warning they drag Y/n's bed out of the delivery room heading to the OR. I follow them but given a chance to ask the nurse about her situation.

"What will happen to Y/n?" I ask breathing behind my mask.

"We'll try our best to save both."

"Please, if I, if I may, can I stay with her? Her husband is away in Paris, I'm her best friend."

She look at me for a few second before agreeing with me. I follow her in a quick pace, the cold room feels so terrifying as I heard the door closed behind me. I went to the room number two.

My heart skip a beat as I saw her lying there unconscious. I take a deep breath before walking closer and stay next to her head. The chair was prepared, the doctors will get the baby out.

If this is my fault, I will never forgive my self, if anything happen to Y/n, I swear to Go-

"We need to wake her up, her heart rate stable." Said one of them.

"If she wakes up she will be able to push, but she's too weak."

And then one of them notice me. "Sir, can you talk to your wife." Who doesn't know may assume the way I wished to be true. Understand what it means, I lean near to her ear.

"Y/n, can you hear me? Baby, remember when our first date at the beach? You look so beautiful with those black dress, those are beautiful memories we've ever had with each other. So please, baby, come back to me. You have to fight, no need to be so afraid, I am here with you, wake up, Y/n." I say it softly and gently, turns out it worked, I saw her head moving, the oxygen she was wearing causing some fog filling the mask as she try to catch her breath.

"Y/n." I take my chance to hold her hand for support, she weakly open her eyes. Looking at me with smile on her face.

"Jungkook." She whispers slowly.

"I'm here."

"My husband, he, where's he?"

And would have thought about him, the father of her children.

"He'll come. I called him." She smile in relief, her consciousness back, she is now in pain and I hate to see here like this, but she has to.

"It's five centimeters open." I heard the doctor says, she pull away the cloth from her belly and positioned her legs open.

"Mrs. Kim, take a deep breath." The doctor guide her and changed her oxygen mask to tube.

She raise her hand, trying to hold on something for support, I give my hand for her and she gripped onto it tightly.

"Please, tell him, tell him I'm sorry. If I didn't make it this time."

"Sshh, don't say that, you'll make it, just take a deep breath."

I never see woman so desperate and fear before her, I was about to cry to see her fighting for her life yet she's not having too much power to handle her pain.