three

[ chapter three ♡ ]

.

"Alex sweetheart are you sure you don't want to stay the night again?" My mom asks her as I walk her to the front door.

"Yeah you can stay." I pouted.

"No, I'm good." Alex waved off, smiling.

"Just because my daughter is grounded doesn't mean you can't stay with her." Mom chuckled as I frowned at her.

She sent me a warning glare as I quickly looked away making Alex smirk. I learned to never mess with my mother. Well.

"I'll see you tomorrow." She nods.

It was nearly ten at night and it was just so dark outside.. It creeped me out.

Once Alex had left my mom smiled at me. "Good night sweetheart, I'm tired." She yawned and I nodded, heading up the stairs with her.

"Night." I tell her and quickly head into my room.

I stand there for awhile just listening to my mom walk down the hall and into her room.

As soon as the door clicks, I run over to my window, opening in quietly.

''Alex!" I whispered loudly, waving her off.

"What? Hurry get out here before she catches you!"

"She won't, she's in her room." I whispered.

Okay, so maybe I was sneaking out to go to a party. But it's only because my mom had to ground me because of the so many times I came home late without telling her.

Under my pajamas I was already in denim shorts and a white crop top as I undressed out of the teddy bear pj's.

I quickly unplugged my phone from my charger and pocketed it as I quietly tip toed on my roof.

Hell, if I made one mistake, my mom would hear because her room was just a distance away from mine.

"Catch me, Alex."

"What is this some tacky chick flick?"

I laugh, holding a hand to my mouth.

Since our roof was slightly tilted down at the end I could jump off.. Well without breaking a leg or something. I'll try.

"I'm jumping. Holy," I hissed.

"Shit." I whispered as soon as I jumped. I nearly face planted against the grass, that is until Alex saved my life and held me up.

"You good?"

"Yeah let's just go." I nodded.

.

"Hey babes." Max winked, making me roll my eyes.

"Max? Seriously?" I whispered to Alex.

She shrugged. "What he's cute! And he was willing to drive us to the party."

"You two look sexy tonight."

Fuck you. I thought.

Absolutely hated the guy. I've known him ever since second grade, but all I really remembered was how much of a dick he was. He might as well have a dick as his head. Dick dick dick.

Alex was fond of him, and I know how much she's been crushing on him but damn honey, ain't he a fuckboy. I try my best to help her get away from those type of guys but she just doesn't listen. As her best friend, the best thing I could do is lead her in the right direction. If she doesnt want to, then that isn't my problem.