thirty three

.

A/N:

.

.

since it is three months later, it's currently mid December rn in this story :)

Huge plot twist bc bam, this story needed it lol

DONT HATE ME

DONT HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME

OH AND PS, SKIM OVER SOME CHAPTERS IF YOURE NOT CLEAR ON ANYTHING HAPPENING IN THIS CHAPTER

- Mia

.

.

_____________________________

.

.

* THREE MONTHS LATER*

.

- Natalie -

.

I stared at myself in my mirror, a frown on my face.

"Jesus Christ." I whispered to myself, my hands to my face.

A lot has freaking changed.

By a lot, I mean.. If I looked back at myself three months ago, I would have literally no idea who it was.

"Natalie, babe." My boyfriend chuckled from my bed as I jumped slightly, glancing at the dark haired boy.

"Yeah?" I asked quietly.

"You alright?"

Zayn was on his side, smiling up at me as his brown eyes had slightly twinkled.

"You're doing that thing again." I mumbled, raising my eyebrows.

"What thing?"

"Like.. The thing where you smile and your tongue is like behind your teeth like.. Why." I rambled on, as he laughed, his eyes crinkling at the sides.

"Come here." He motioned me over as I sighed, sitting down at the edge of my twin bed.

The longer I lived in this dorm room, the more I realized how smaller and smaller it was getting.

He leans up, his hand on my cheek as he left a kiss at the corner of my mouth.

Smiling faintly, it was like I pictured his face for a split second. Just one.

Yes his.

Harry.

We both knew it wasn't right I guess, that was it.

I think it was both our decision to leave it in the past, to keep from hurting any of us further.

Three months isn't long, but.. I grew up.

I grew up, and became more of a pessimist through the time, I have to admit that.

We simply grew apart.

I mean, it wasn't hard to. He was all the way across the world.

I wasn't big on geography and nearly failed it in my freshman year, that probably says a lot about my little knowledge in where certain countries are.

And Zayn? Well.. It's a funny story to even begin with.

Harry and I? We never said goodbye. Not even a hello to start it all off.